Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 10:33 PM

14 posts, read 32,152 times

Advertisements

I can not wait to get there, I really look forward to the 4 seasons. Thank you so much for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 03:23 PM

604 posts, read 2,919,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_Random View Post
In NC it's not the heat that will get you, it's the humidity. Some people can take it, some can't. It takes some getting used to.
I have been comparing NC humidity with NJ humidity on almost a daily basis. I think if anybody can tolerate NJ humidity then NC will be a snap. Perhaps a one month longer high humidity season in NC, but much less snow and to me that's more important.

E

Old 08-20-2008, 04:21 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,494,484 times
I think the difference in NC Triad summers and Dallas summers is not only does Dallas normally have significantly higher temps AND more of them, but more of a prolonged hot weather season. For instance, the average high on September 1 at DFW is still 92 degrees, whereas in Greensboro the average high has already slipped down to 83. Moreover, the peak average high of 96 at DFW does not begin to decline until August 14, whereas the peak average high of 88 at Greensboro declines to 87 on August 2. The highest recorded temperature ever at DFW was 113°F in 1980. The highest recorded temperature at Greensboro (GSO) was 105°F in 1932.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:51 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,320,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I think the difference in NC Triad summers and Dallas summers is not only does Dallas normally have significantly higher temps AND more of them, but more of a prolonged hot weather season. For instance, the average high on September 1 at DFW is still 92 degrees, whereas in Greensboro the average high has already slipped down to 83. Moreover, the peak average high of 96 at DFW does not begin to decline until August 14, whereas the peak average high of 88 at Greensboro declines to 87 on August 2. The highest recorded temperature ever at DFW was 113°F in 1980. The highest recorded temperature at Greensboro (GSO) was 105°F in 1932.
In NC I've been so miserably hot and sweaty a million times with temperatures in the 90s and significant humidity. On the other hand the past few weeks in Dallas it was in the 100s every day, but with [comparatively] lower humidity. Even with the 5-8 degree higher temperature in Dallas I was much more comfortable than if I had been in NC. As for the extended period that Dallas experiences higher temperatures - that's fine with me!

People are always complaining how hot it is in various cities, with DFW being one of those cities. I think that's rather funny, because the DFW metro area has grown to 5-6 million people who find the area a great place to live and work...

Old 08-21-2008, 10:45 AM

Kooter, I think you are about the first person I have heard say that they think the heat in North Carolina is worst than the heat in Dallas or Texas. Every person I have spoken to before you stated that Texas is so much worse, even from a feeling perspective. But I guess everyone has their own perspective.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:30 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,320,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Kooter, I think you are about the first person I have heard say that they think the heat in North Carolina is worst than the heat in Dallas or Texas. Every person I have spoken to before you stated that Texas is so much worse, even from a feeling perspective. But I guess everyone has their own perspective.
I wouldn't say NC is worse, however I don't find that there is much difference between the Triad of NC and the DFW area when you factor in the higher humidity and lack of breeze in NC that DFW often has.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:00 AM

Got to love this autumn weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point