Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,296,425 times

Advertisements

Hi! Just wondering if there are any pool halls in Winston or surrounding areas that a non-smoking? Or maybe even a restaurant or bowling place that has pool tables and is smoke free?? I know this may seem out of the ordinary, but we love to play pool and don't smoke... Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 11:48 AM

273 posts, read 950,831 times
There will be plenty come Jan 2nd...Perdue signs N.C. smoking ban :: WRAL.com

Old 07-02-2009, 11:58 AM

Yes, I look forward to that!

Old 07-02-2009, 12:08 PM

254 posts, read 926,030 times
Really? I've always kind of enjoyed making the decisions of where to spend my money for myself, without gov't involvement. I guess some people need more hand-holding, though.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,695 times
I know the one of the place, where you don't need to suffer from smoke. I will tell you very shortly. If you want know more about that please go through this www squidoo com/pool-tables-phoenix

Old 07-02-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohaagen View Post
Really? I've always kind of enjoyed making the decisions of where to spend my money for myself, without gov't involvement. I guess some people need more hand-holding, though.
That's a little dig, isn't it?! Give me a break! I'm not asking anyone to hold my hand, I just don't want to breath in smoke which we all know is very damaging.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:26 PM

I don't either. That's why I don't give money to people who own such places. I believe in giving business owners the opportunity to decide how to run their businesses. That smoke is nothing compared to what's coming out of people's tailpipes, though.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I don't either. That's why I don't give money to people who own such places. I believe in giving business owners the opportunity to decide how to run their businesses. That smoke is nothing compared to what's coming out of people's tailpipes, though.
I hear what you're saying and I'm very choosey of the kind of businesses I support as well. Regarding the smoke coming out of people's tailpipes, do you not agree with upping the gas emisions standards as that would be the government trying to run someone else's business, per your earlier post?

Old 07-02-2009, 02:35 PM

Not at all. Requiring stricter emissions standards is like telling a cigarette company it can only have X amount of nicotine in its products, which I don't mind. I don't, after all, mind that they limit the amount of harmful chemicals in food (although I would prefer that they would instead allow those chemicals but require manufacturers to list them, their concentrations, and their proven and suspected ill effects on packaging - but then people would complain that it's too much information to digest). Telling a smoker that he cannot smoke in public would be like telling a motorist that he can't drive in public. Telling a business owner that he can't allow smoking in his restaurant is a regulatory taking of his property, which requires just compensation. These are decisions that should be made by the individuals involved, not by the gov't.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Not at all. Requiring stricter emissions standards is like telling a cigarette company it can only have X amount of nicotine in its products, which I don't mind. I don't, after all, mind that they limit the amount of harmful chemicals in food (although I would prefer that they would instead allow those chemicals but require manufacturers to list them, their concentrations, and their proven and suspected ill effects on packaging - but then people would complain that it's too much information to digest). Telling a smoker that he cannot smoke in public would be like telling a motorist that he can't drive in public. Telling a business owner that he can't allow smoking in his restaurant is a regulatory taking of his property, which requires just compensation. These are decisions that should be made by the individuals involved, not by the gov't.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point