Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 02:41 PM
LLN LLN started this thread

5,265 posts, read 10,759,010 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a recommendation on a female primary care physician in WS? My 18 year old daughter is starting college in WS soon and we are looking for a physican. Thank you very much.

lln
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,905 times
WomanCare in Winston Salem is really good. They have a lot of young and older female and male doctors and NP..

Old 08-05-2009, 03:05 PM

222 posts, read 937,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldtfdw00 View Post
WomanCare in Winston Salem is really good. They have a lot of young and older female and male doctors and NP..
WomanCare is a good practice, but they are not primary care.

To the OP, sorry, but I don't know any female primary care physicians.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:49 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,555,283 times
Dr. Aime Lischke (http://www.cornerstonehealth.com/showphys.cfm/170 - broken link) at Total Family Care used to be my doctor before I moved to SC. I originally started going to her when she was at Salem Family Practice. She changed practices so she could be in a smaller, more personal practice, and I followed her. I liked her and the staff a lot at Total Family Care. Dr. Lischke is certified by the American Academy of Family Physicians.

P.S. I just did a web search, and the practice has apparently joined a larger network of practices, for what it's worth.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:15 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,046,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation on a female primary care physician in WS? My 18 year old daughter is starting college in WS soon and we are looking for a physican. Thank you very much.

lln
If she wouldn't mind going a few miles farther west, I'd recommend Dr. Champe-Seagle of this group Piedmont HealthCare - Providers

She's in Mocksville, just a few miles off I-40 at exit 170. Unless a more local physician is needed to manage a condition that requires more than the yearly checkups, she comes highly recommended. I certainly like her. I walked in, described a malady I'd been suffering, and she quickly diagnosed it and sent me on my way with a prescription that cleared it up within a matter of weeks (anemia for those in the peanut gallery ). AND, all the years I've gone to her, I haven't had to endure the interminable long waits in the waiting room. If I have an appointment by 8:45, I'm usually in the examing room and out by 9:45.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:01 PM

4 posts, read 9,839 times
I know this may sound funny, but we use the BEST pediatrician for our girls, and I happen to know that she sees patients up to age 20 or so. It might be a nice place for her to get started and then get a referral from as she gets older and moves on?? Our girl's dr. is Dr. Susan Hunsinger at Advance Pediatrics. Love her to bits. Thank goodness our little ones are just that, still little, and we don't have to look elsewhere for a long time! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point