Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 AM

38 posts, read 135,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickorybro View Post
akwebb81, where's "Kingstree subdivision"? I just posted in another thread that I was looking for a house in the 150k-200k and you make Kingstree subdivision sound nice. Could you tell me a street so I can satalite it from google or live?
I went to Google maps and wasnt able to look at the street levels because North Carolina didnt have that option, is there any other websites that would be able to offer that, it just had the map option .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 04:51 AM

40 posts, read 157,419 times
Default better satalite images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revellanotvanella View Post
I went to Google maps and wasnt able to look at the street levels because North Carolina didnt have that option, is there any other websites that would be able to offer that, it just had the map option .
I have found that microsoft's local.live(dot com) maps have better satalite images of a lot of North Carolina counties than does google maps. Give it a try.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:47 PM

273 posts, read 950,264 times
the main road running through it is Hickory Ridge Dr. It's kind of a horseshoe shape. The Chase at Kingstree is built just north of Kingstree (actually I have several homes across the treeline and creek from our back yard that are The Chase, one is a new build for sale off of Clinard Ave. for 199k as of December).
Let me know if you need any more info and I'll see if I can be of assistance.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:50 PM

273 posts, read 950,264 times
I posted this in another thread but it is relevant if you're searching for property. This website is the county tax site, but has a lot of useful info on it: Forsyth County, North Carolina GIS
You can see previous purchase prices, annual tax rate, flood zones, schools, etc...

Old 02-11-2008, 08:41 AM

122 posts, read 479,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinsil View Post
The Winston Salem(27104) /Kernersville(27284) /Clemmons(27012) are main areas that are developing. to check the zipcode maps go to:
ZIP Code Map
Property values are creeping upwards. The local developers are calling for a 8-12% yearly appreciation for the next 2-3 years. Very good place to move to. We moved here 6 years ago from NJ. We love it.
Hi, We're from NJ too and thinking about W-S area. Did you have any problems adjusting? Please let me know the good and the bad. Live in north Jersey about 22 miles from NYC. We want a nice, safe neighbor; if it's in walking distance of shops/restaurants would be a major perk.
Also assume Costco in the area? How about Trader's Joe (grocery store chain). Think there may be one in Charlotte area. Is Charlotte a long drive from W-S?
Major decision and we appreciate all your help folks!

Old 02-11-2008, 04:58 PM

676 posts, read 3,076,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl3624 View Post
Hi, We're from NJ too and thinking about W-S area. Did you have any problems adjusting? Please let me know the good and the bad. Live in north Jersey about 22 miles from NYC. We want a nice, safe neighbor; if it's in walking distance of shops/restaurants would be a major perk.
Also assume Costco in the area? How about Trader's Joe (grocery store chain). Think there may be one in Charlotte area. Is Charlotte a long drive from W-S?
Major decision and we appreciate all your help folks!
Trader Joe's is in Charlotte, but there is a Whole Foods here. I have driven to Charlotte for TJ's and it takes about 1 hr 15 minutes or so. There is a Costco and Sam's Club. I would recommend living in the Ardmore or the West End (both older neighborhoods not subdivisions) if you want to walk with sidewalks and be near everything. We sometimes kick ourselves for living in North Davidson County because we are going through sidewalk withdrawal and get tired of not being able to walk for coffee, etc. We are about 20 minutes from downtown and have to get in our car for EVERYTHING. I find it to not be the pedistrian friendly area that I am use to in CA and it can really bother me at times. I actually drive to the Ardmore and park to just "pretend" to walk around for coffee, etc. Kind of sad, huh?

Old 02-11-2008, 05:45 PM

52 posts, read 193,973 times
I also live in the 27127 and can see it is growing for good or bad... let me know if you need any specifics in the area.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:40 PM

13 posts, read 54,758 times
If you have school-age children the 27127 area code will not be my first choice. Better area codes with super schools are 27104(Country Club area), 27023 (Lewisville), 27012 (Clemmons), 27106 (Sherwood area). If the schools don't matter then I would buy in the older sectionof 27127. Many new houses are being constructed but quality may have been sacrificed.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:39 PM

7 posts, read 15,584 times
How safe are the West End and Ardmore areas? Wasn't there some recent crime just north of there, by Salem College? It looks like an awesome area, very historic, but is it safe to walk my dog around there in the evening? (especially in winter when it is dark).

I'm single in my 30s so I'd like to be closer to the 'action' but I want most of all to feel safe.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:29 PM

222 posts, read 936,448 times
I've had friends live in both areas. West End isn't bad but it is a mixed zoning area. There are new condos being built on Broad and Fourth St. The new baseball stadium is going up just south of there on Broad, bordering Business I40. I wouldn't go east of Broad or north of Reynolda. 'West End' slopes west to the YMCA/Reynolds High School area. This takes you to N Hawthorne Rd which is just a tiny bit N of Wake Forest Medical Center complex. South of the Medical Center, Hawthorne Rd. goes through the heart of Ardmore to end at Forsyth Medical Center and Silas Creek Parkway. Clear as mud?

I see people all the time, early a.m into evening, in Ardmore walking the dog or running. I would feel more safe living in Ardmore than West End.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point