Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,799 times

Advertisements

Is Trinity still there? I have a journal that was kept by
my great aunt, Mrs. Charles (Cornelia) Hundley in 1904.
I think there was a college there then because seems
her nephew and neice lived there (from Miss.) and went
to school. Charles Hundley married Cornelia Kirk in
Madison Co., MS in 1870. They or she moved to Yazoo
Co., MS and owned a cotton plantation, called Hundley.
Her sister, Imogene Kirk married Robert M. Whitehead
from Halifax Co. in 1884 in Randolph County and they
also moved to Yazoo Co., MS and owned a cotton
plantation called "Woodbine".
Does anyone know the genealogy of Chas. Hundley?
The old journal is very interesting. Every day she
recorded the weather whether "cold and fair" or "snow
and wet." They also played "Flinch" every night. Didn't
know what that was until I found out it was a card game. They made lot of cakes and had a lot of guests!
Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 11:22 AM

84 posts, read 217,265 times
Trinity just incorporated a few years back. Dunno how it's going for them.

Archdale near there would be another option, real close to high point, I-85 about 20 mins to GSO.

Winston and the APT are a haul though.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,785 times
Moving to the Greensboro area in Jan. Are there any nice areas in High Point?
Thanks in advance!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:41 AM

138 posts, read 420,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebWalk130 View Post
Are there any nice areas in High Point?
Sure, there are plenty of nice areas in High Point, and plenty of less desirable areas too. It all depends on what you are looking for and your price range. Jamestown and the High Point/Greensboro homes that surround it are nice. What are you looking for?

Old 10-16-2009, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerpeaches View Post
Hi everyone! My husband is looking at transferring his job to Greensboro NC. We would like to find a really small town with a 30 minute or less commute anywhere around Greensboro, that is rural, with good schools, with the basic stores, dr office, churches. We are used to the country and love it (especially older farmhouses) Somewhere with low crime and fun community things to do (love crafts, gardening, music). We are from Alabama. I would like to find somewhere around 4000-7000 population if possible. Any input would be great and thank you for your time. gingerpeaches
Kernersville is a lovely friendly town, cost of living is less, more house for your money, centrally located between Greensboro and Winston Salem, High Point. Churches, shopping, good schools, golf, parks, near (GSO) airport, restaurants, etc. but population has grown maybe 30,000.
Lived in that area 21 yrs. Wanda

Old 10-20-2009, 08:05 AM

23 posts, read 61,250 times
I agree with Kernersville, nice place and close to no crime. Peaceful...

Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 AM

254 posts, read 927,341 times
No crime in Kernersville? Compared to what... NYC? There's little crime anywhere around here, but Kernersville has some of the higher property crime rates and its violent crime rates are also slightly above average for the area. Of course, it's an urban area.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 AM

23 posts, read 61,250 times
Well I live here and I disagree. I have 2 kids and I feel safe, but yes we are in America so there can be crime. Compared to NYC there is no crime. And I wouldn't call it urban.

Kernersville is a nice choice in my opinion. I can get to both Greensboro & Winston Salem & High Point in a matter of a few minutes. Its very quiet and peaceful.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:19 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,175,954 times
Robert Bowman wrote: Is Trinity still there? I have a journal that was kept by my great aunt, Mrs. Charles (Cornelia) Hundley in 1904. I think there was a college there then because seems her nephew and neice lived there (from Miss.) and went to school.

Robert, the college you're referring to is now Duke University (proper spelling is actually dook, at least that what they taught me at UNC ). It was originally located in Trinity, and was called Trinity College at the time the Duke family made them an offer they couldn't refuse...move to Durham and get wads of cash and free land, if you rename it "Duke". Seems to have worked out pretty well for them.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,690 times
Kernersville is a really nice place to live with good schools and shopping. Quick drive to Greensboro. Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point