Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:12 PM

100 posts, read 404,651 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find someone that might know their recipe for the Arroz con Pollo they served.
It was a bed of yellow rice, with shredded chicken and veggies, covered in a some kind of sour cream/cream cheese sauce, smothered with melted cheddar.
I used to have the recipe but that was a a decade or so ago.
I found the recipe for their green chili/olive salad dressing but can't find this one

I was friendly with one of the cooks as I ate there a lot back in the 90's and got all the recipes. But in the moving twice, I have miss placed all their recipes that I had, except for the salad dressing, which was my fav. too. I also loved the Chimichangas.

I know it isn't authentic, so to speak, but it was my favorite place to eat!

Anyone that might remember, or who like me, got hold of the recipes, I would appreciate a copy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 10:48 PM

74 posts, read 205,025 times
That place is way old school. Sorry, don't know that receipe. I heard they still have a location some place, maybe Asheville? Not sure. If there is one still around, you could probably ask them.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:53 PM

74 posts, read 205,025 times
Just out of curiosity, I did a search and the following popped up. I seem to remember someone telling me that they still had a location in the mountains. This one in Blowing Rock must be it (not Asheville).

1182 Main St
Blowing Rock, NC 28605
(828) 295-9683

Old 10-11-2009, 06:43 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,527,746 times
Nope, the one is Blowing Rock is closed too, though it's been relatively recent.

My husband really misses Tijuana Fats... more than I do. However, I have fond memories of going to the one in Blowing Rock when he and were first dating... 20+ years ago.

Wish I could help with the recipe, but can't. Thanks for the memories, though.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:51 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,171 times
We were down in Orlando, Florida a few weeks ago and I swore I saw this restaurant. Not sure if it was open but remember seeing the sign. Perhaps you could google it with Orlando after it. If they are there, maybe they could give you the recipe??? Hopefully????

Old 04-14-2010, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 9,000 times
Cool tijuana fats arroz con pollo

If you were lucky enough to find this recipe I would love to have a copy. Lived in GSO for many years and loved the old location in downtown. Also loved Carter Allen's Laredo's Neon Cactus. Hope to hear to hear from you soon. PS to the poster who thought she saw the name in Orlando, that resturant is Tijuana Flats. close but no where near the same!!!!!!!!!! I now live in Winter Park, Fl

Old 04-14-2010, 07:12 PM

100 posts, read 404,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdgators71 View Post
If you were lucky enough to find this recipe I would love to have a copy. Lived in GSO for many years and loved the old location in downtown. Also loved Carter Allen's Laredo's Neon Cactus. Hope to hear to hear from you soon. PS to the poster who thought she saw the name in Orlando, that resturant is Tijuana Flats. close but no where near the same!!!!!!!!!! I now live in Winter Park, Fl
Yep, I was going to say the one in Orlando is "FLATS" not "fats"

I haven't gotten it yet. Neon Cactus was good too! Fats downtown was the best! the only one I cared to eat at. I do have the salad dressing recipe that I found recently. but it is in Large beer mug measurements..LOL
Be glad to pass it on if you want it!
I am just dying for the Arroz con Pollo recipe for the sauce!

Old 04-17-2010, 01:38 PM

84 posts, read 216,850 times
Where is the best Mexican places these days anyways?

The Hacienda in High Point is pretty good to me (really good service at both places and good food prices/quality) , but I wonder if there's anything much better.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:24 PM

222 posts, read 936,188 times
Our current favorite is Pancho Villa at Stratford/Bethesda. We also like Don Juan's with 2 locations in Lexington and Kernersville. I prefer the Lexington location myself.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:49 PM

1 posts, read 8,828 times
Could you post the green chili/olive salad dressing recipe you found? Many thanks, Hjordis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point