Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 05:17 PM

72 posts, read 313,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddclan View Post
Hello, I was curious. You have been in Clemmons for some time, we are relocating. I am having a difficult time finding out about having horses. I even spoke to the code enforcement officer who didn't know. any ideas? Is there a certain amount of land you have to have or does it have to do with the area?
Don't know off hand but I'll ask around.

BTW, I sent a PM to you with the relocation guys email.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodder21 View Post
I am in a similar situation as ncboundfromfl and am a single woman-42, a nurse and am looking for a townhouse, job etc in the WS area. coming down in August and would also love this gentleman relocators info. Thanks. Feel free to PM me!
Did you ever contact him yet? I know he has got to be buisy with all the people I had given his info to.

I would like to here from anyone who has been talking or working with him, I'm interested in hearing how it is going with it, I thought about helping him out with all the people I have sent but about to start a new job and decided not too, it just seemed like I would be out on the road all day and just don't think I could do that. PM me if you like and let me know how it is going for anyone using him for relocation.

Old 07-24-2007, 02:37 PM

74 posts, read 100,727 times
Default Clemmons...

Doubt there would be anywhere in Clemmons that you could have horses...it is no longer rural and has become one of the best upsclae suburbs in the area.

If you are into horses...you might want to check out Eastern & Northern Davie County...lots of horses off I-40 exit #170 Farmington Rd...turn right from Winston-Salem....and alo follow that aboout 2 miles and turn Left of Pudding Ridge Rd...lots of horses and a very nice area...even a gold club community "Pudding Ridge" is there if you like golf too.

Proces and taxes are going up quite often in Davie...alot of people from Forsyth County are moving to Advance & Farmington...an not because it is cheap...that it is not...the transplants are great...can't say that about the narrow minded locals (not all)...but ALOT!!!...they don't even like poeple born and raised in Winston-Salem right next door...much less anyone from the North of California....but they drive to Winston-salem to shop & eat & work.

Nicer neighborhoods are....Bermuda Run, Bermuda Run West, Oak Valley, Pudding Ridge...and nice stretches of homes on both Peoples Creek Rd & Yadkin Valley Rd.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen City Lover View Post
Doubt there would be anywhere in Clemmons that you could have horses...it is no longer rural and has become one of the best upsclae suburbs in the area.

If you are into horses...you might want to check out Eastern & Northern Davie County...lots of horses off I-40 exit #170 Farmington Rd...turn right from Winston-Salem....and alo follow that aboout 2 miles and turn Left of Pudding Ridge Rd...lots of horses and a very nice area...even a gold club community "Pudding Ridge" is there if you like golf too.

Proces and taxes are going up quite often in Davie...alot of people from Forsyth County are moving to Advance & Farmington...an not because it is cheap...that it is not...the transplants are great...can't say that about the narrow minded locals (not all)...but ALOT!!!...they don't even like poeple born and raised in Winston-Salem right next door...much less anyone from the North of California....but they drive to Winston-salem to shop & eat & work.

Nicer neighborhoods are....Bermuda Run, Bermuda Run West, Oak Valley, Pudding Ridge...and nice stretches of homes on both Peoples Creek Rd & Yadkin Valley Rd.
I have to agree with all that is said here.
I thought Farmington was off exit 180 off I-40 to the right?

Old 10-17-2008, 07:20 PM

3 posts, read 7,002 times
Default In need of the same information about relocator!

Hello! I am also interested in this relocation man who helps people move from upstate NY. We are planning on moving next summer and are completely overwhelmed! I am a teacher and my husband is an architect intern. We are coming down to research the area in December. If there is any information you can give me about Lewisville/Clemmons it would be wonderful!

Old 10-19-2008, 05:40 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen City Lover View Post

The neighborhood on Peoples Creek is the one where there is an airstrip and the homes have hangars for the residents' planes...correct?

Bermuda Run is more than nicer...I don't know if it still is, but it used to be a very wealthy country club neighborhood - the only one around with a gate and security guard. I hated going through that gate to visit my friends that lived there...it always felt like I was under suspicion of something because my high school car was kind of clunker. But it was the nicest area around, even for Clemmons standards.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 5,672 times
Being a lifelong resident of Davidson County, I feel that I am qualified to post...

The Clemmons area is nice, no matter what part you make your home in..however, it's no secret that taxes are a bit cheaper in Davidson than Forsyth. Schoolwise, you're in good shape, because those areas are served by either North Davidson HS or West Forsyth HS (fellow posters, kindly help me out if I'm wrong). Both are convenient to shopping, ample dining opportunies, as well as convenient interstate connections.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:04 PM

6 posts, read 31,178 times
I live in Clemmons and love it.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:13 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,033,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Bermuda Run is more than nicer...I don't know if it still is, but it used to be a very wealthy country club neighborhood - the only one around with a gate and security guard.
It's more chi-chi now then ever. I'm glad the chain link fences (which were once topped with barbed wire ) are being replaced with decorative fencing and landscaping. I don't know that it provides "security"; anyone wanting to enter the community could easily clamber over the new fences; but it is more attractive.

Bermuda Run is now incorporated and has a sphere of influence (zoning) that extends one mile outside the actual plot of the community. It has two gated entrances: one on 58 and the other on 801. Developers have also built a sequel to BR on the other side of 801. The townships influence has caused more upscale development in that area - Kinderton.

If you have $$ and want exclusivity, then BR would be a desirable area.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:30 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,555,302 times
Bermuda Run is quite old with some new homes...my parents live across Highway 801 in Bermuda Run West. Much newer homes and is also gated...and not with a chain link fence either...wrought iron.

Another nice neighborhood in Advance is Oak Valley (an Arnold Palmer Golf Course)...it is not gated but houses can top $1M. Also very exclusive homes in Advance on Yadkin Valley Rd & Peoples Creek Rd...many toping $1M.

Only negative thing is that Davie County only has 1 High School and it is very over-crowded...that is why most kids in Bermuda Run/Bermuda Run West & Oak Valley either go to West Forsyth or RJ Reynolds High Schools in Forsyth County or they go to private schools. My neice & Nephew both go to schools in Forsyth County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point