Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 06:29 PM

64 posts, read 179,945 times

Advertisements

I am so excited that my husband & I will be touching down at the Greenville-Spartanburg airport very shortly. We are both Tampa natives looking to relocate to the area, along with my sister's family and our parents. While I have loved my childhood in Tampa, I have spent almost my entire adult life wanting a change. I want to raise my children (7, 5 & 11mos) in a safer environment and desire to live in the "true" south. My dad is from NC, so we have spent a lot of time in the Carolinas. Sorry so long, but that is a little background...

I cannot tell you what a wealth of useful info. I have gathered from this forum...thank you! Sooooo, I was wondering if you all could point us in the right direction?? We are going to be checking out the areas in and around Simpsonville and Greer. I have looked at maps/websites and have a general idea of these areas, but are there any roads, highlights, places that we should be sure to check out. I have been on JournalHomes.com looking for neighborhoods. We would be looking at homes in the 400-500k range. Would prefer nice sized lots and of course great schools. We also hope to check out the equestrian communities!

Sorry so long...thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 06:50 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Welcome!! While I don't really have any specific info to offer here, I can say that you should have a wide range of options in your price range! Are you looking for a specific type of house or neighborhood? Greer & Simpsonville both kind of bracket the Eastside from different directions. Between the two, you have a wide range of areas to explore!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:13 PM

64 posts, read 179,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Welcome!! While I don't really have any specific info to offer here, I can say that you should have a wide range of options in your price range! Are you looking for a specific type of house or neighborhood? Greer & Simpsonville both kind of bracket the Eastside from different directions. Between the two, you have a wide range of areas to explore!
I guess my ideal place would have a brick home...which I know is easy to find, but I have seen enough stucco in FL to last me a lifetime! And basically, just a neighborhood that is friendly and socializes together with lots of children & mature trees. In a perfect world we would like to back up to a lake or golfcourse, but not mandatory.

Thank you for your reply!

Old 08-11-2010, 08:45 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,528 times
Default street names

Not suggesting any of these neighborhoods. I just searched the mls and put in brick in Simpsonville in your price range and came up with these streets:
Holly Trace
Carriage Hill
Chadbourne
Halstead
Vaughns Mill
Neland
Waverly Hall Lane
Gilder Point Court
Alender Way
Broken Pine Ct.
Wieston Ct.
Shadowbrooke Ct.
Benion Way
Nottinghill

I will search Greer if you would like. Hope this helps.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:52 PM

Well, Our Multiple listing site just went down for maintenance. It will be down until morning. Let me know if you would like for me to search Greer then. Good Luck & Welcome to SC.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:49 PM

93 posts, read 165,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgriss View Post
Not suggesting any of these neighborhoods. I just searched the mls and put in brick in Simpsonville in your price range and came up with these streets:
Holly Trace
Carriage Hill
Chadbourne
Halstead
Vaughns Mill
Neland
Waverly Hall Lane
Gilder Point Court
Alender Way
Broken Pine Ct.
Wieston Ct.
Shadowbrooke Ct.
Benion Way
Nottinghill

I will search Greer if you would like. Hope this helps.
Holly Trace? I live right up the road from there! I don't think many of these are what she is looking for. But you're the agent.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:47 AM

I realize that Great Greenville Guy, but was just giving her some road names that came up on the mls when I put in S'vlle, 400-500k and were brick. Like I said, I wasn't recommending any of them as I just pulled the street names, I did not look at every home. Sorry for any confusion.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:59 AM

915 posts, read 2,423,815 times
You may want to drive through River Walk as well, it sounds like it might hit the mark too. Current list prices range from $308,900 to just under $500,000. Most are brick homes, and the lot sizes probably average just under a half acre.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:24 PM

66 posts, read 220,880 times
I grew up in Tampa as well and moved to New York for my husbands job and we just relocated to Simpsonville last year and we love it!!! We live in the Five Forks area of Simpsonville which has a great school district and close to shopping. I love this area and even though we still have family in Tampa I would never want to leave South Carolina, the people here are the nicest I have ever met and we just love it!

Old 08-17-2010, 12:23 AM

48 posts, read 104,398 times
I grew up on LI. I moved here to Simpsonville 2 years ago. I love it also. The only thing I miss about LI is the beaches, NYC, LIRR, and family. Other then that, there is just about everything here, for alot cheaper. I owned a house on LI, and worked to pay my mortgage. Here I enjoy life, my mortgage is a third less, and it's a (day) drive to anywhere from NY, to Miami. Yes, there is some minor traffic problems, but I would take this over sitting on the LIE, of BQE, anyday. Just my thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area