Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2021, 02:56 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Thanks for being so forthcoming with your vague as usual posts.
You’re welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2021, 07:05 PM

826 posts, read 1,126,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Thanks for being so forthcoming with your vague as usual posts.
I’m guessing he is talking about the new layout where they have combined the cashier area with the kitchen.

Old 11-12-2021, 04:25 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,413 times
The line management is weird now in these locations.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:51 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
I’m guessing he is talking about the new layout where they have combined the cashier area with the kitchen.
The new layout was built to expand the kitchen area and food selection. They have added brisket and barbeque sandwiches and soft tacos.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:00 AM

192 posts, read 207,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
The new layout was built to expand the kitchen area and food selection. They have added brisket and barbeque sandwiches and soft tacos.
Talk about taking a play from the Buc-ee's playbook, lol.

Will be interesting when Buc-ee's and QT at exit 21 in Anderson will both offer brisket sandwiches. By the way, preliminary plans for the Anderson Buc-ee's and the exit redesign are in so I will post them on the Buc-ee's thread later.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge71 View Post
Just curious if anyone can produce any real evidence of this Spinx/QT agreement? I find it hard to believe a large convenience store chain based out of Oklahoma with 758 locations ever gave a darn about Spinx.
Funny thing is I talked to a real estate guy at QT who has been with QT for the last 10-15 years.
He told me that QT never had a deal with Spinx and barely knew what Spinx was before they expanded to Georgia and started making their way to SC.
However, he did say that QT, Wawa, and Sheetz work together closely and have deals to not intrude on each other. (Must be why Wawa is in Florida while QT is in GA, SC, and Charlotte while Sheetz is in the other parts of NC, like the NC Triad.)

Meanwhile, one of the real estate guys at Spinx told me it was true that they once had an agreement.

So, it may be complicated or one of the two may be not telling the whole story. We may never 100% know and I guess it is open to interpretation and further rumors.
[Nothing against either one of the people. They were both friendly and cordial.]

Old 11-13-2021, 07:46 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
Funny thing is I talked to a real estate guy at QT who has been with QT for the last 10-15 years.
He told me that QT never had a deal with Spinx and barely knew what Spinx was before they expanded to Georgia and started making their way to SC.
However, he did say that QT, Wawa, and Sheetz work together closely and have deals to not intrude on each other. (Must be why Wawa is in Florida while QT is in GA, SC, and Charlotte while Sheetz is in the other parts of NC, like the NC Triad.)

Meanwhile, one of the real estate guys at Spinx told me it was true that they once had an agreement.

So, it may be complicated or one of the two may be not telling the whole story. We may never 100% know and I guess it is open to interpretation and further rumors.
[Nothing against either one of the people. They were both friendly and cordial.]
I have been told by a QT manager that they have an agreement with Wawa not to overlap and they share some of the corporate board members. Don't know how true this is. But Wawa indeed stops in Virginia and skips the Carolinas and Georgia before jumping to Florida.

Old 11-15-2021, 06:29 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
Talk about taking a play from the Buc-ee's playbook, lol.

Will be interesting when Buc-ee's and QT at exit 21 in Anderson will both offer brisket sandwiches. By the way, preliminary plans for the Anderson Buc-ee's and the exit redesign are in so I will post them on the Buc-ee's thread later.
QT is starting to slip in quality. Not a good time with Buc-ee's about to enter the market.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:30 AM

14 posts, read 11,144 times
Having lived in the Land of WaWa.....they are the gold standard for food quality and service.

Old 12-03-2021, 02:15 PM

Royal Farms (http://www.royalfarms.com/real-estate), a more than 200 location gas station chain based in Baltimore, Maryland, is getting ready to expand into NC and TN.

I talked to a person at their real estate department and they said that stages are really early but they may be doing deep growth into NC and maybe go into SC (Upstate being 1st due to closer proximity to their core market). I was told it would be a part of the next 5 year expansion, if it occurs.

Royal Farms is in the same region of the country as Wawa and Wawa's hometown in PA is 90 miles away from Royal Farms HQ. They compete with each other a lot in that region but due to the supposed deal in between QT and Wawa, we most likely won't see Wawa here anytime soon (if ever).

Here is an article for one of their 1st in NC, for the outer banks:
https://www.obxtoday.com/royal-farms...o-outer-banks/

Last edited by tim.brayden.sherman; 12-03-2021 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Addition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area