Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2017, 08:12 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times

Advertisements

Just got home from Raleigh/Durham area, gas on average was $2.19 there, cheaper than here now. Kroger was $2.09 with a loyalty card (Chapel Hill) That was the price QT was last week. Coming home, the QT in Gaffney was $2.25, yesterday was $2.19. It was cheaper for us to fill up in NC, whereas usually we wait to get in to SC to fill up when we come home.

QT will still get the majority of my ice cream money, and probably my coffee money as well - I figured out how to get a decent cup of coffee there, but it's costing me a tad more than before, but worth it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 01:34 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
$2.49 now at Fountain Inn QT. Ouch. Walmart and Spinx still at $2.25.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:15 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
$2.49 now at Fountain Inn QT. Ouch. Walmart and Spinx still at $2.25.
Looked like all QT's in Greenville were $2.49 today. All others were 2.25. One 7/11 I saw was 2.27.Red Lion near BJU was 2.19. I thought it was only supposed to go up .10 to .25 according to the news.

QT congrats you have officially gone up the most .45. and the first to do so. Will not be forgotten and will take my business elsewhere from now on.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:04 PM

115 posts, read 104,525 times
I was on E. Butler Rd and the QT was running gas at $2.49 for regular meanwhile the Spinx just across the street had it for $2.25. Yet there were a load of cars at the gas pump at QT pumping gas. 2-3 cent different isn't much, but when there is a 25 cent per gallon difference, it goes a long way stretching how much you can fill your car up.

QT could price their gas for a dollar more per gallon than the competitor across the street and even so, folks will still flock to fill it up at QT. Either people don't care about their wallet or they have become loyal QT zombies.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:09 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Shocked to see Easley at $2.49 a gallon at QT. If you go down the road to Hot Spot, it's still $2.25. It has jumped 50 cents in just a few days. ..

Old 08-30-2017, 05:35 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverML View Post
I was on E. Butler Rd and the QT was running gas at $2.49 for regular meanwhile the Spinx just across the street had it for $2.25. Yet there were a load of cars at the gas pump at QT pumping gas. 2-3 cent different isn't much, but when there is a 25 cent per gallon difference, it goes a long way stretching how much you can fill your car up.

QT could price their gas for a dollar more per gallon than the competitor across the street and even so, folks will still flock to fill it up at QT. Either people don't care about their wallet or they have become loyal QT zombies.
Crazy. I noticed that too. The QT pumps were busy at .25 more per gallon. The cheaper stations around them were not busy at all. I guess some of these people pay no attention to the price they pay they just know they need gas.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:22 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,293,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Looked like all QT's in Greenville were $2.49 today. All others were 2.25. One 7/11 I saw was 2.27.Red Lion near BJU was 2.19. I thought it was only supposed to go up .10 to .25 according to the news.

QT congrats you have officially gone up the most .45. and the first to do so. Will not be forgotten and will take my business elsewhere from now on.
Where we lived in NC we had stations that aggressively raised prices after Katrina. I kept them in mind for 5 years afterward, and avoided giving them my business. QT has one of the nicest chains of convenience stores around but their recent aggressive price stance has me considering choosing other options on a permanent basis.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:03 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Would he interesting to know what percentage of their customers in an average month are gas only, convenience store only, or a combo of both.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:39 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Would he interesting to know what percentage of their customers in an average month are gas only, convenience store only, or a combo of both.
I can say this: Almost every QT has been hard to get in and out of. While I love their stores for all the great snacks, I just go to Ingle's gas station in Easley. No hassle in, no hassle out and I am on my way...

...The QT in Easley is a nightmare with the trains, the short driveway out to 123, no matter which direction, it's just tight. (I love trains but not this congested area) The traffic light last 8 seconds for cars to move out onto 123 and it goes red again, so the 123 traffic can get moving again...Then you wait 3 more minutes for a light revolution. Forget it, if you get a train. There are a few QT's where the accessibility is better but I usually just get gas, use the restroom, and that's about it. They have some neat things to drink in QT but I don't bother to buy much. I just want to get my gas and go!

Old 09-01-2017, 06:27 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,293,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I can say this: Almost every QT has been hard to get in and out of. While I love their stores for all the great snacks, I just go to Ingle's gas station in Easley. No hassle in, no hassle out and I am on my way...

...The QT in Easley is a nightmare with the trains, the short driveway out to 123, no matter which direction, it's just tight. (I love trains but not this congested area) The traffic light last 8 seconds for cars to move out onto 123 and it goes red again, so the 123 traffic can get moving again...Then you wait 3 more minutes for a light revolution. Forget it, if you get a train. There are a few QT's where the accessibility is better but I usually just get gas, use the restroom, and that's about it. They have some neat things to drink in QT but I don't bother to buy much. I just want to get my gas and go!
They timed that light when QT was the only business on that side of the road. With the addition of the Aldi and the strip center on that side of the road, the light desperately needs to be re-timed. I generally avoid the QT and Aldi since it's so hard to get in and out of there. If I do shop there, I usually turn right out of the Aldi parking lot to avoid that red light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area