Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 08:54 PM

5 posts, read 7,919 times

Advertisements

g-man's lights are on but nobody's home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 09:23 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,533,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmne View Post
I never drank bottled water until we moved here. We always had a brita filter that we would use, but when we moved into our house I felt that the water had a really strong chlorine smell whenever I used it, so now I use bottled water. I would rather not, but I can't get past the smell.
You can collect tap water in containers and the chlorine will disappear after a few hours.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:03 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonkey1073 View Post
g-man's lights are on but nobody's home
Nope, I think you've got that backwards sir. Buying bottled water not only hurts sustainably but causes oil prices to rise. Plastic does come from oil just in case you forgot.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
G-man, please don't push my buttons, your assumption that you need to understand other people's reasons are to say the least ridiculous and narcicistic. I figure you know snot about nutrition as only ignorance can call this a "conspiracy theory" but you're welcome to remain ignorant, does me no never mind. Besides, there are many other reasons why many of us who are better informed avoid drinking tap water but I cannot expect you to even care, so please stop being so juvenile and stay away from threads where you have absolutely nothing to contribute, ok?
So I am not allowed to have an opinion just because it differs from yours? Just because I am young doesn't mean I am stupid and have nothing to contribute....most days.

Last edited by g-man430; 09-04-2010 at 10:37 PM..

Old 09-05-2010, 01:09 AM

910 posts, read 2,294,153 times
Hmm, only fools air their opinions at every turn... If you'll notice I opened this thread to ask for help not negative, irrelevant and uninformed opinions, so NO you don't really have a right to one here, cappice?

Old 09-05-2010, 08:21 AM

843 posts, read 1,432,571 times
I second myrc60's comment. Chlorine will evaporate fairly quickly. Fill up your brita pitcher, let it sit over night, and come morning most of the chlorine smell should be gone. The key to this is don't keep it in an air tight container.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:39 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,533,060 times
Quote:
Hmm, only fools air their opinions at every turn... If you'll notice I opened this thread to ask for help not negative, irrelevant and uninformed opinions, so NO you don't really have a right to one here, cappice?
I can vouch for the fact that he does that quite often. It's unfortunate but true. He should be careful that it doesn't backfire on him.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I can vouch for the fact that he does that quite often. It's unfortunate but true. He should be careful that it doesn't backfire on him.
Well I am allowed to have opinions on this subject even if they are negative. You have that same right.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Actually I do have a right to have an opinion on the subject seeing how it is what we are discussing in this thread. Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't mean it's not allowed.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:10 PM

5 posts, read 7,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Actually I do have a right to have an opinion on the subject seeing how it is what we are discussing in this thread. Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't mean it's not allowed.
Let's not feed the troll, maybe he'll go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area