Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 08:18 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,210,386 times

Advertisements

Need auto insurance wondering if anyone out there is like me and "shops" around and if so if you don't mind sharing your findings? Have Travelers for Homeowners and will be calling them for a rate.

Has anyon found a local company that rivals the "BIG BOYS" when it comes to cost and service?

Thanks for any insight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 AM

306 posts, read 690,935 times
I've been with Allstate for car ins. for 20+ years and home for 15. They have ALWAYS given me the lowest rate. I usually compare rates about every 5 years or so. We were robbed 3 months after buying our first home and thought they would drop us, but they did not even raise our rates. A few service problems over the years, but nothing that would cause me to switch.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:36 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,210,386 times
Thanks, I'll check them out. Hoping others will chime in between th big boys and the local companies.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:44 AM

192 posts, read 430,309 times
I tried going local several years ago . . . and even did for a year . . . but then renewal came up and I found a significantly better rate with auto through Geico and homeowners through Travelers. Because I did both through Geico (Geico doesn't actually do homeowners), I still got the multi-line discount.

That was 3 years ago and I haven't been able to find a better rate since!

Old 02-13-2011, 05:04 AM

177 posts, read 686,787 times
The two least expensive that I have used are Travelers and USAA. You have to be military veteran or the offspring of a military veteran to get USAA insurance. Currently, we have homeowners insurance with Travelers and auto insurance with USAA.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:02 PM

24 posts, read 45,843 times
We currently have both homeowners and auto insurance through Travelers. We went through AAA insurance on Pleasantburg and had a great experience. The agent found the best rate for us through SafeCo originally. When we moved, she helped us find the best rate again and helped us change insurance providers to Travelers. She was fantastic to work with and she shopped around for us. To top it off, you don't have to be AAA member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area