Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:23 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,791,816 times

Advertisements

I wondered if you could tell me about GSP airport, such as parking, I heard long term lot is 6 bucks a day. Such as, is it hard to find spots in the long term lot ? Easy way to get there ?

Any advice about the airport ( I have never been there ) or tips in general about the airport, appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 02:39 PM

11,712 posts, read 24,851,867 times
I've been to a lot of airports and GSP is one of the nicest looking ones i've ever seen. Make sure you check out the outdoor garden area between concourses A and B: http://gspairport.com/Pages/TerminalInformation/ If you have a chance and it's open, eat at the Windows Restaurant also. Great food.

Best way to get to the airport is taking I-85. There is a direct interchange for GSP Airport at exit 57: http://gspairport.com/Pages/Directions/

Parking info: GSP International Airport | Parking and Directions Long-term/economy parking lot looks to be $4 a day and can be full at times depending on what day and time of year you're flying. The garages are $12 a day.

Pics: GSP International Airport | About GSP Here's the terminal: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...SP_airport.jpg

Last edited by g-man430; 03-26-2011 at 02:48 PM..

Old 03-26-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Best way to get to the airport is taking I-85. There is a direct interchange for GSP Airport at exit 57: GSP International Airport | Parking and Directions

Parking info: GSP International Airport | Parking and Directions Long-term/economy parking lot looks to be $4 a day and can be full at times depending on what day and time of year you're flying. The garages are $12 a day.

Pics: GSP International Airport | About GSP Here's the terminal: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...SP_airport.jpg
You're the Best ! Thanks !

Old 03-26-2011, 03:21 PM

347 posts, read 982,061 times
I LOVE flying out of the Greenville airport! It's so much less stressful than the other options of Charlotte and Atlanta (especially Atlanta, lol).
The staff is very friendly and patient, and it's a small airport so it's pretty impossible to get lost in it.
Parking is also great, there's no bus needed to get to the parking lot, just a few minutes walk.

Yay GSP!

Old 03-27-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleEllyn View Post
I LOVE flying out of the Greenville airport! It's so much less stressful than the other options of Charlotte and Atlanta (especially Atlanta, lol).
The staff is very friendly and patient, and it's a small airport so it's pretty impossible to get lost in it.
Parking is also great, there's no bus needed to get to the parking lot, just a few minutes walk.

Yay GSP!
I love that ! I remember the Long Beach Airport ( when I used to live in the west ) very small and cozy and you just crossed the street and there was your rental car.

I have been in Atlanta's Airport and it was a nightmare ! Unfortunately, that's where I would have to change planes...oh well !

Old 03-28-2011, 07:18 AM

506 posts, read 1,225,410 times
If I'm not checking any baggage, I tend to show up at GSP around 25 minutes before my flight leaves. Takes me around 5 minutes to get to the gate from the front doors, which is just in time for boarding to start.

So I guess my only tip is...don't show up an hour early unless you want to be bored for 45 minutes (or bring a laptop with WiFi since GSP has free WiFi).

Old 03-28-2011, 09:38 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,886,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
If I'm not checking any baggage, I tend to show up at GSP around 25 minutes before my flight leaves. Takes me around 5 minutes to get to the gate from the front doors, which is just in time for boarding to start.

So I guess my only tip is...don't show up an hour early unless you want to be bored for 45 minutes (or bring a laptop with WiFi since GSP has free WiFi).
I've always gotten there just 30 or 45 minute ahead of time, but now with Southwest serving the airport, I would advise getting there a full hour in advance, especially if your flight is from Conourse A where Southwest is located. The security lines for Concourse A are now taking twice as long (depending on time of day).

Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post

Speaking of laptops....I am going to fly on an airline that charges $ 25 for checked bag ( so that's out that I would check a bag... ) so I wanted to put my laptop in my carryon ( because they count a laptop as a piece of carryon plus my purse ) so can I leave the laptop in the carryon or do I lay it out on the scanner belt ?

Old 03-28-2011, 12:34 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,886,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Speaking of laptops....I am going to fly on an airline that charges $ 25 for checked bag ( so that's out that I would check a bag... ) so I wanted to put my laptop in my carryon ( because they count a laptop as a piece of carryon plus my purse ) so can I leave the laptop in the carryon or do I lay it out on the scanner belt ?
Put your laptop in a gray bin (by itself) and put on the scanner belt. Shoes and belt in a separate gray bin on scanner belt. Bag/briefcase directly on scanner belt.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:25 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,715,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Put your laptop in a gray bin (by itself) and put on the scanner belt. Shoes and belt in a separate gray bin on scanner belt. Bag/briefcase directly on scanner belt.
Also, if you are traveling with any liquids, they must be in 3oz containers and must all fit in a 1-quart ziploc bag (this includes makeup). This should go in the bin with your shoes, belt and jacket (if you are wearing one). Also please remember to remove all metal objects from your person (change, keys, etc.) before walking through the metal detector.

All of the various rules can be located here: TSA | Transportation Security Administration | For Travelers
If you are unfamiliar with the processes, please take a moment to review them. As someone who, until recently, flew just about every week, I can tell you that most delays in security lines are from passengers who do not know what to do when they get up to the front of the line. Know what you're doing and you'll be through in no time, which will make you and your fellow travelers much happier.

Also, if you are carrying a purse, then your laptop or purse will need to be in your carry-on when you board. Most airlines let you have one carry-on bag and one personal item, such as a purse or laptop bag (yes I know the speech by heart). If you go with the rollerbag, laptop bag and purse, they will tell you that you have one bag too many.

Finally, many flights into and out of the smaller airports like GSP will be on smaller regional jets (if you're not sure what you're flying, look up your flight and if your type of plane is ERJ or CRJ, its a regional jet). If this is the case, be aware that you may not be able to take your carry-on bag directly on to the plane (if it is larger than laptop-bag size) - instead, you will have to leave it at the end of the jetway (or at the foot of the stairs if you board from the outside) and will then retrieve it in the jetway or ot the bottom of the stairs when you land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area