Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 06:14 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,210,386 times

Advertisements

Since we're new to the area, I definitely don't know ALL the good places to go in the Greenville area, but I thought I'd found all the places that serve some Middle Eastern type foods. I was surprised to see the Liv. Social deal for a place called Caesars down on Pleasantburg which says it has Mediterranean Food. Has anyone ever been here, I've never heard of it before.

https://livingsocial.com/deals/52843?ref=conf-jp&rpi=34506975

I personally wouldn't classify it as Mediterranean food since there's a vast array of different foods - I don't think calabash chicken is Mediterranean, is it (never heard of it before moving here) nor is regular pizza, or a quesadilla, lasagna, among other varied menu items, IMHO. But I'm not here to bash their menu. I'm actually trying to find out if anyone here has personally eaten there and if they like the food. The reviews I found have been favorable, but I'd like to know if anyone here has first hand knowledge of this place. I'm really more interested in the food they have that's Middle Eastern / Med, like hummus, though I don't see many things that are Med. inspired on the menu. If the general food is good, along with overall service and cleanliness, than I'm game. Anyone??

Caesar's Restaurant - Greenville | Urbanspoon

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 06:22 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,571,050 times
Unfortunately, we haven't been yet, but it seems to have been there forever. Local radio personality Monnie Whitson used to recommend it on the air, if that means anything.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:02 AM

344 posts, read 817,906 times
I've never eaten there, but a friend of mine posted the Living Social link on her facebook this morning, and she said they really enjoy eating there. So, I know she liked it enough to buy the deal.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:22 PM

179 posts, read 463,464 times
Caesar's is like a classic Greek/Italian/Steak place, but since the owners are Middle Eastern there are a few ME items on the menu. I haven't been there in years, but I remember the food being good.

If you want Middle Eastern food in Greenville there are a few places, but most people will direct you to The Pita House at the intersection of S. Pleasantburg and Faris.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:42 PM

I ended up buying one, reviews are good, so what the heck.

I like Pita House, good food and thankfully, they have some grocery items we use (can't find bulk olives anywhere else around) there and Rolled Pita Lebanese are where we go, mostly the later since it's so close to home, and we know George, the owner.

We try to go check out the more "authentic" Middle Eastern restaurants whenever we can. Have found a couple in other "neighborhoods" like Columbia and Arden (near Asheville) so if you know of any close by worth the drive, please share, and thanks in advance!

Old 11-05-2011, 05:32 PM

Found myself going to Pleasantburg with a friend today and figured we'd use the coupon I purchased at Caesars, figured I had it now, better use it. Was surprised to see where it was located, NEVER would have thought it was in what appears to be a defunct shopping mall and now seems to be occupied by colleges, or something to do with colleges?

Anyhow, we had lunch there and was quite surprised, it was good. I had the Medditeranean Sampler. Liked that they grilled the gyro meat, which probably was Kronos, but grilling makes a difference. Came with another meat (not sure if it was lamb or beef, but seasoned nicely) and some chicken, which could have had a little more spices, at least for my liking. Hummus was good. Came with a side salad. My friend had a Crispy Chicken Salad and enjoyed it.

Since they still have this deal going on, I'm definitely purchasing another so I can take my DH with me, I think he'll like it.

Was fairly quiet there, though there were a few tables filled. Places is fairly big so it looks like no one is in there even though there was. If not for this Living Social deal I don't think I'd ever have known about the place. Being it's set back off the road, and being it's in this "college" area, I don't think I'd ever have noticed it.

The owner is from Jordan, and it's a family business. I asked why he didn't have more ME dishes on the menu and it's because back when he opened, these dishes didn't do well because people just don't know about them, so he had to appeal to what people in the area wanted. I told him I'd hope he'd add more ME items. Maybe now that ME foods are growing more in appeal there will be more of a demand for it.

So I'm off to the LS to buy another deal. When I purchased mine there were 60+ sold. Just looked and there's 453 sold. It's will be 454 soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area