Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:24 AM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutfly View Post
34-13...nuff said!
Nobody is debating SC's dominance over Clemson this year. Coach Swinney was quick to point out the fact that they have beaten Clemson the last three times and deserve credit for their recent success. He also stated, correctly, that over the 100+ years of the rivalry that Clemson has clearly dominated. In comparing the two programs, Clemson has enjoyed far more success than South Carolina has.

It's typical of Gamecock fans to turn a thread about a Greenville metro university into a silly discussion involving trash talk from fans of a school nearly two hours away. There is a Columbia forum for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 11:31 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutfly View Post
34-13...nuff said!
That's pretty much ALL USC can brag about when it comes to their football program. Nobody is trolling about USC over in the Columbia sub-forum so quit coming over here and trolling about Clemson. Instead of worrying about our team so much, you guys should be more worried about Nebraska. You know...a team that actually wins bowl games and championships instead of playing tag along in their conference. Does it look like from the below video we even care about or remember USC's win?

Last edited by g-man430; 12-05-2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old 12-05-2011, 03:13 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
Apparently Tiger Town Graphics has a "tweet that" t-shirt now.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:25 PM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
If you plan on flying down for the game, check Allegiant to see what flights they may have in to Ft Lauderdale - it's only about a 30min ride south to the Orange Bowl, a straight shot down 95 - but remember to check your gun in, please, don't take it on board, they may think you LIVE in Miami and just need it for the drive home!

If driving and you experience car problems, other than it being stolen, I have a great mechanic's namr that's RIGHT next to the OB! Seriously! AND, he speaks English.
I'm catching a ride to Miami with g-man430. Anybody else want to ride along, just hit him up for details.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:58 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm catching a ride to Miami with g-man430. Anybody else want to ride along, just hit him up for details.
If you need any information on where to go and where not to go, just ask- I lived there for 50yrs, so I sorta know the city You'll then see why I escaped!

Old 12-05-2011, 04:21 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,611,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Nobody is debating SC's dominance over Clemson this year. Coach Swinney was quick to point out the fact that they have beaten Clemson the last three times and deserve credit for their recent success. He also stated, correctly, that over the 100+ years of the rivalry that Clemson has clearly dominated. In comparing the two programs, Clemson has enjoyed far more success than South Carolina has.

It's typical of Gamecock fans to turn a thread about a Greenville metro university into a silly discussion involving trash talk from fans of a school nearly two hours away. There is a Columbia forum for that.
So, help me understand, you are asking someone not to post in this thread based on what????? You originally posted the silly kindergarten tirade by Dabo (the national press is having fun with that, love reading the comments about his childish behavior). And you are talking about a school, Clemson, that is not in the Greenville metro. Not sure this makes sense, are you re-drawing the census boundaries?

As for the series, noone is disputing that Clemson has won more games. Separation in the series started in the 80's when Clemson was placed on probation twice and almost received the death penalty. But, as of late, in a lot of sports, The University of South Carolina has closed the gap and for the past three years has been very dominate.

It is true that Clemson won the championship for a conference that ESPN ranks as 6th best in the country, just behind the Mountain West. Congratulations. Just as G-man said that Clemson is over The University of South Carolina loss, most Carolina fans don't care about winning that conference. It is simple, there is not a team in The ACC that would win the title in any of the big 4 conferences, SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and PAC 12. But, you could go three or four teams deep in any of the big 4 conferences and find teams that would dominate the ACC. Maybe in one of Dabo's childish tirades, he could tweet that.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:33 PM

177 posts, read 470,681 times
Well said GSP101

Old 12-05-2011, 04:57 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,577,072 times
Since when did Clemson University or the City of Clemson leave Pickens County?

Old 12-05-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobster1 View Post
Well said GSP101
I have no problem with Clemson winning the ACC as long as we beat Clemson. There are many teams in this country that win conference championships that would not be programs I want to imitate. I hope The University of South Carolina wins the SEC one day, we just are not there yet. And, "there" means being #1 in the country to win this league. Right now, Alabama and LSU are the best by far.

As for the comments posted earlier quoting Dabo, outside of the upstate, most people see this as a childish rant. I have never seen a losing coach talk trash. What makes it worse is that Coach Spurrier never said anything. In fact, he was very complimentary of Clemson winning the ACC, mainly in the 80's, he did not mention that "Death Valley" is LSU or that "Tigers" are LSU, Missouri etc...... Coach Johnson was very complimentary of Watkins, he is a great receiver. In the end, Dabo mentioned winning with class and losing with class, he did neither and the national media picked up on his poor behavior, that is embarassing for the state.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
Since when did Clemson University or the City of Clemson leave Pickens County?
Sorry, you're right. Forget where the county lines are in that area of the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area