Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:10 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,254 times

Advertisements

GSP101, Clemson most certainly is in the Greenville metro area. Since when did you think it wasn't?!?

As for Dabo's comments, I don't view them as childish at all. If you watch the entire video (which I doubt you did), you will see that he started off by saying that he doesn't know if Spurrier said those things, but if he did then they are pretty classless. I agree.

Here is the video for those who haven't seen it. The discussion of Spurrier's supposed comments start at the 1:50 mark:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 05:36 PM

374 posts, read 834,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobster1 View Post
Well said GSP101
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
Since when did Clemson University or the City of Clemson leave Pickens County?
Your really trying to split hairs thinking Clemson is Greenville metro, even if it is in Pickens Co.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:39 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,611,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
GSP101, Clemson most certainly is in the Greenville metro area. Since when did you think it wasn't?!?

As for Dabo's comments, I don't view them as childish at all. If you watch the entire video (which I doubt you did), you will see that he started off by saying that he doesn't know if Spurrier said those things, but if he did then they are pretty classless. I agree.

Here is the video for those who haven't seen it. The discussion of Spurrier's supposed comments start at the 1:50 mark:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Greenville, I corrected my statement.

But I disagree about Dabo's statement. I did watch the entire video on the night he made the comments. First, you never respond in public to comments that have not been proven true. It is well documented that Spurrier never made those comments, Todd Ellis claimed responsibility for making the comment. If you have any evidence to the contrary, please share.

Second, if you are only talking about historical records, noone would argue that The University of South Carolina football team has not been terrific, they are good today. One could argue the reasons, but that is the topic for another thread.

If Dabo stopped there, no problem. I may not like how he said some things but, can't argue. His tirade that you posted was about as childish as it gets. Comments like that are ones you hear between fans of each school, not the head coach, very classless. I doubt you will hear Spurrier claiming that Death Valley is in Baton Rouge or that the Tigers are, well, all over followed by some silly statement about being the state's only university. Again, trash talking after a loss is very embarassing.

Overall, he responded to comments for which he could not verify and in essence questioned the existence of the state largest and most comprehensive university. Not smart and not winning or losing with class.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:49 PM

55 posts, read 140,920 times
Again 34-13...sorry you feel like the University of South Carolina comments should only be posted in the Columbia forum...not a troll as a matter of fact I've lived here for 55 years and love it.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:51 PM

Good post GSP101

Yes, Dabo was out of line....

Old 12-05-2011, 06:34 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,577,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutfly View Post
Again 34-13...sorry you feel like the University of South Carolina comments should only be posted in the Columbia forum...not a troll as a matter of fact I've lived here for 55 years and love it.
No one is arguing who won the game. But, it's very strange that you feel the need to invade a thread about Clemson winning its conference and heading to its first every BCS game-- none of which have to do with the University of South Carolina. You can live wherever you please, but that does NOT change the fact that your comments do not belong in this thread about Clemson. Questions?

Old 12-05-2011, 06:39 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallaboutyou View Post
Your really trying to split hairs thinking Clemson is Greenville metro, even if it is in Pickens Co.
Pickens County is part of the Greenville MSA according to the US Census Bureau. In other words, Clemson University is officially located in the Greenville metro area. There's no if's, and's, but's, or spliting hairs about it.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,611,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
No one is arguing who won the game. But, it's very strange that you feel the need to invade a thread about Clemson winning its conference and heading to its first every BCS game-- none of which have to do with the University of South Carolina. You can live wherever you please, but that does NOT change the fact that your comments do not belong in this thread about Clemson. Questions?
I would argue as well that Greenville bringing into the discussion Dabo's tirade is not helping this thread.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Pickens County is part of the Greenville MSA according to the US Census Bureau. In other words, Clemson University is officially located in the Greenville metro area. There's no if's, and's, but's, or spliting hairs about it.
I.A.W. MSA...Yes, I'll give you that by definition. Is it Greenville Metro to the average citizen....not hardly.

Do a poll if you feel so strong about it?

This thread will be tanked soon.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:03 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallaboutyou View Post
I.A.W. MSA...Yes, I'll give you that by definition. Is it Greenville Metro to the average citizen....not hardly.

Do a poll if you feel so strong about it?

This thread will be tanked soon.
U.S. News & World Report classifies Clemson's campus as suburban. So if it isn't a suburb of Greenville, what is it a suburb of?!? Pendleton?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area