Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2020, 03:35 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I wish Capris had stayed open in Mauldin. Kind of miss the one on Woodruff Rd and Stone. They are still in Easley and Greenwood. Thats an old upstate restaurant tradition.
I also saw a Capri's on Hwy. 9 in Boiling Springs. I wonder if it is affiliated with the original owners and menu from Greenville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 06:58 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I also saw a Capri's on Hwy. 9 in Boiling Springs. I wonder if it is affiliated with the original owners and menu from Greenville?
Not sure about Boiling Springs. Building looks fairly new and logo a little different.

I know the older style Capri's were franchised in the 70's. I believe Spartanburg had one in the Camelot Center next to former Piggly Wiggly back in the 80's -90's and may have had one of the older buildings somewhere too. There is a Capri's Pizzeria in Berea too. Not sure if that was ever affiliated. I know the building style in Greenwood and the signage haven't changed much over the decades.

Old 04-20-2020, 10:15 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Not sure about Boiling Springs. Building looks fairly new and logo a little different.

I know the older style Capri's were franchised in the 70's. I believe Spartanburg had one in the Camelot Center next to former Piggly Wiggly back in the 80's -90's and may have had one of the older buildings somewhere too. There is a Capri's Pizzeria in Berea too. Not sure if that was ever affiliated. I know the building style in Greenwood and the signage haven't changed much over the decades.

Someone, somewhere once told me that one in BS was an offshoot of the family. No idea if that's the case or not.

Old 04-20-2020, 07:19 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
Quote:
I remember one called Lip Smackers that was after Quincy's in early 2000's . Is Mutts BBQ still open in Mauldin? There have been multiple things in the old Capris too. I think its a Mexican Restaurant now.
Papas and Beer sign on the old Capris in Mauldin. Has been under construction for quite awhile.

Mutts in Mauldin has been open. Looks like they have modified their menu during social distancing.

Old 04-21-2020, 05:29 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,049,865 times
Quote:

I remember the Capris at Poppy Square - it was go to place for date night in Spartanburg in the late 70’s - early 80’s.

Old 04-21-2020, 06:54 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ForksSC View Post
I remember the Capris at Poppy Square - it was go to place for date night in Spartanburg in the late 70’s - early 80’s.
OK I found this article from 1990. The one in the Reidville Rd - Camelot Center opened in 1990. I could swear it was open in the late 80's when I worked in that area. Oh well. The original Poppy Square location relocated in the early 90's. Never ate at that location but they were all so dark and candlelit and yes always a great date place. Many took their prom dates there over the years.

https://www.goupstate.com/news/19901...erve-west-side

Old 04-23-2020, 10:00 PM

69 posts, read 73,705 times
Should you wish to have some Capri's favorite menu items, there is a restaurant called Pressley's at Edisto that features a few Capri's dishes. The owner of the Greenwood Capri's also owns this Edisto restaurant.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:27 AM

13 posts, read 19,802 times
Mauldin Deli and Mauldin's Family Kitchen both are closing permanently.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:20 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvl601 View Post
Mauldin Deli and Mauldin's Family Kitchen both are closing permanently.

As is Crepe du Jour in downtown.. That one was.. a questionable concept IMO.

Mauldin Deli.. Now, it seems to me that's been there a long time? Very long time?

The Mauldin Family Kitchen.. Hate it for them. I think that was a small family business.. I had never eaten there, but several people at work had and said it was quite good.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:50 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
As is Crepe du Jour in downtown.. That one was.. a questionable concept IMO.

Mauldin Deli.. Now, it seems to me that's been there a long time? Very long time?

The Mauldin Family Kitchen.. Hate it for them. I think that was a small family business.. I had never eaten there, but several people at work had and said it was quite good.
When I worked I would often stop at Mauldin Deli. Sorry to see them close shop but its been a long time since I ate there.

Mauldin Family Kitchen was a family business. The owner, proprietor lives in Mauldin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area