Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 04:00 PM

102 posts, read 321,246 times

Advertisements

Have recently found out my spouse has been cheating on me and am starting the divorce process, which is really hard. Does anyone know of any divorce support groups in the Greenville area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 04:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
at the root of many divorces is codependency. a person does way too much for others and not taking care of themselves.
see link.
http://www.sdccoda.org/

Old 04-07-2012, 01:57 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,280,619 times
Divorce is alway emotional and messy. If you have children I urge you to seek counseling and reconciliation. It is a longer process and far more difficult than walking away.

If you do not have children or joint property such as both names on a car or house title you do not need a lawyer. You need the forms and an agreement with your husband for fair division of community property such as household goods, furniture, and marital gifts. You will need three sets of papers. Go to the court house early pay the fee, leave the papers and get your divorce. It may not be that fast or easy in SC.

No divorce is final until the papers are filed. If you do not want the divorce stay out of court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot123 View Post
Have recently found out my spouse has been cheating on me and am starting the divorce process, which is really hard. Does anyone know of any divorce support groups in the Greenville area?

Old 04-07-2012, 01:59 PM

212 posts, read 423,562 times
OK. . .since my original post was deleted by our beloved moderator, Linicx, let's try this again.

Huckleberry, The original poster asked for support groups local to Greenville, SC. You posted a link to a website for San Diego. You didn't answer the question, and were not really helping the original poster.

I noted that it looked like a spam post, because most spambots troll threads looking for keywords, and create posts that revolve around a keyword, such as "Divorce" Yes, I reported it as Spam. No, I am not sorry.

Ban me if you want to, Linicx.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:00 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,762,471 times
There is a divorce support group at Taylors First Baptist. Call 244-3535 for details or go to Taylors FBC. Look under Ministries and then HopeNet.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:10 PM

Thanks for the info about Taylors. This is really a tough situation to be in. I wish the divorce laws in SC were more modern. You have to be separated for one year prior to doing anything.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:52 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,762,471 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info about Taylors. This is really a tough situation to be in. I wish the divorce laws in SC were more modern. You have to be separated for one year prior to doing anything.
Please don't wait a year for counseling. You should prayerfully consider starting that now.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 PM

910 posts, read 2,294,645 times
Quote:

I have a friend who goes to one here in Greenville, I messaged her for info so when she contacts me I'll come back and post it.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:43 AM

910 posts, read 2,294,645 times
Sorry, I was wrong, her group is not in Greenville, it's in Simpsonville, at Brookwood church.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
Sorry, I was wrong, her group is not in Greenville, it's in Simpsonville, at Brookwood church.

Thanks so much. I will look into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area