Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 04:48 PM

817 posts, read 853,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
Not only has he been to The Beacon he has had the order taker, JT I think, on a special show. He has also been to a little place in Gaffney where he ate Pinto Beans and Fried Fat Back.
That was Harold's in Gaffney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 09:40 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,622 times
so the question is..do any of these places have something unique that makes them shine? For instance the former Northgate Soda Shop has some pimento burger (never had it though). That's kinda unique...i think

Old 02-14-2012, 09:54 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,378,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
so the question is..do any of these places have something unique that makes them shine? For instance the former Northgate Soda Shop has some pimento burger (never had it though). That's kinda unique...i think
Former?

Old 02-14-2012, 11:56 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Quote:
See my earlier post about Chief's. The most unique wings sauce I've ever had (and among the best-tasting as well)! I think the one I'm talking about is their "famous" or "classic" sauce. I REALLY think they could make a killing selling that stuff in retail stores!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:10 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,942 times
Quote:
MOJO's Double Coronary

Old 02-14-2012, 04:07 PM

899 posts, read 2,287,991 times
Quote:
so the question is..do any of these places have something unique that makes them shine?
If that's the question, then this conversation HAS to include Smokin' Stokes BBQ on Augusta Street and their famous Cheerwine BBQ sauce. Mmmm....

Old 02-16-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator82 View Post
If that's the question, then this conversation HAS to include Smokin' Stokes BBQ on Augusta Street and their famous Cheerwine BBQ sauce. Mmmm....
I need to go back to SS. Haven't been there in years but they do have some sweet BBQ.

Quote:
MOJO's Double Coronary
Even though Mojo's is a local place it doesn't feel like one. Their food is good but not different enough from 5 Guys or Cookout IMO.

Quote:
Former?
Isn't it named something else now? Didn't know if it was just a name change or new place.

~~~~~~~

So today I tried out Bee Bee's on a whim and ordered the Mike Gallagher special blindly. It was pretty good. Nothing to rave about but decent. Onion rings were a little bland as were the fries. Place is small so it fits that dive feel. People were not super friendly but food was fresh.

Would I go back again? Sure. Gotta try the Rush Limbaugh special next time.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:01 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,942 times
Quote:
Even though Mojo's is a local place it doesn't feel like one. Their food is good but not different enough from 5 Guys or Cookout IMO.
Have you tried the double coronary(or the quad?)? bacon eggs chili and beef piled in between two grilled cheese sandwiches? it is heaven. they have a ton more choices for their burgers than those other places and they have a full bar, plus the food in general is just better IMO.

They are unique to the area, have good food, and interesting menu items. fits the bill in my book.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Have you tried the double coronary(or the quad?)? bacon eggs chili and beef piled in between two grilled cheese sandwiches? it is heaven. they have a ton more choices for their burgers than those other places and they have a full bar, plus the food in general is just better IMO.

They are unique to the area, have good food, and interesting menu items. fits the bill in my book.
I will admit i have not. I did have a hot dog there for the 1st time last week and it was pretty huge and yummy. Might have to try this coronary next time I go...

Old 02-18-2012, 02:28 PM

23 posts, read 18,855 times
let's go to Bees Bees,"",""
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area