Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 02:29 PM

23 posts, read 18,852 times

Advertisements

Onion rings I have to go with The Beacon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 08:22 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,383 times
Going to throw up a quaint place called Flour Haven Bakery. Corner of 290 (Locust Hill) and St. Mark Road. Their pastries are absolutely amazing. Breakfast is decent too (especially their pancakes). Cool thing is that it's about 1 1/2 miles from my house so visiting it is quite easy...almost too easy sometimes.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:45 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,137,917 times
I was in Charleston last week and visited a place called Dixie Supply Bakery and Cafe. It is about the size of my living room but had some fantastic shrimp and grits. The DDD folks visited recently they said but the episode has not aired yet. Keep an eye out for it. If you get to Charleston these folks are on State St about two blocks from the market. Right next door to a Lil Cricket. Oh yeah, went back for breakfast and had a pimento cheese and bacon omlet with a slice of fried green tomato.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:27 PM

121 posts, read 244,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Going to throw up a quaint place called Flour Haven Bakery. Corner of 290 (Locust Hill) and St. Mark Road. Their pastries are absolutely amazing. Breakfast is decent too (especially their pancakes). Cool thing is that it's about 1 1/2 miles from my house so visiting it is quite easy...almost too easy sometimes.
I'll second this one! Great food, wonderful service, cozy atmosphere.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:11 PM

177 posts, read 470,681 times
The Glass Onion in Charleston was on tonight.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:09 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobster1 View Post
The Glass Onion in Charleston was on tonight.
While I'm always glad to hear about places to try in the Low Country, shouldn't places discussed in this thread be in the Upstate?

Old 02-21-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
While I'm always glad to hear about places to try in the Low Country, shouldn't places discussed in this thread be in the Upstate?
Amen! Actually what got me thinking about this a lot is the DDD they did on the Tattooed Moose in Charleston a few weeks ago.

But hey, I want UPSTATE!

Old 02-21-2012, 06:25 PM

177 posts, read 470,681 times
I was just replying to someone who mentioned a Charleston place was coming up on DDD. But I would agree we should stick with the upstate.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 AM

Going to add Soby's on the Side for their insane Grits. Probably the best grits I've ever had.

Mmmm....

Old 12-03-2012, 11:23 AM

672 posts, read 1,417,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post

Even though Mojo's is a local place it doesn't feel like one. Their food is good but not different enough from 5 Guys or Cookout IMO.
Digging up an older thread because we tried Mojo's for the first time yesterday in Simpsonville. Very disappointing. $20 for two plates (one drink), the fries were soggy, and I pulled a nice long hair out of mouth after my first chicken strip. They have tons of menu choices, but only one veggie option (no vegan) on the menu for the Mrs. (no surprise there, of course). Atmosphere is awful and the employee just giggled and walked away when I politely mentioned the hair (To her credit, she did ask "Was everything okay?" ... but apparently didn't care...) Never again!

Can't wait to try some of the other suggestions in this thread, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area