Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2007, 06:39 AM

698 posts, read 2,840,876 times

Advertisements

We have the highway/road maps to get us to G'ville alright but where may we find good maps of Greenville county/Anderson county/Greenville proper/towns of Taylors/Greer etc?

We want something that will help us find various neighborhoods and would love a map that lists or highlights the subdivisions such as a street finder.

I like the smaller folding ones that are laminated and would pay more for those if they are available.

Thanks so much if you can point us in the right direction!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 07:27 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,519,774 times
Once you get to town you should find an abundance of maps of the area. Best place to look is at gas stations. I don't know if any list the different subdivisions though. You might also look at Walmart. If you have internet access you can get a feel for where a subdivision is by checking on the Greenville County School District website for school assignment by subdivision. If you need the link, let me know. I've been here for 4 years and I don't know where all of them are.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:46 PM

335 posts, read 1,181,016 times
Maps? What are those? I didn't think they still made those after they came out with all the GPS units. LOL
Liz

Old 09-17-2007, 11:50 AM

47 posts, read 226,328 times
Here is what you can do ...
Call or email the chambers of commerce for each town. They sent me maps for Greer, Greenville, and Simpsonville. It made life easier when we went down there 2 weeks ago... I have a GPS but the problem is, if you plan on looking at some newer developments, some of those those roads are not in GPS yet - the local maps helped us to supplement the GPS showing us driving on a farmer's cornfield! Good luck!

Old 09-17-2007, 11:51 AM

47 posts, read 226,328 times
P.S. - the maps I got from the towns listed the subdivisions too... but checking the local gas stations is a great idea too as someone mentioned above!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:23 PM

698 posts, read 2,840,876 times
My husband just tells me that he bought the good map with the names of subdivisions at Publix and he thinks it was in Greer. We were the typical turned-around tourists so can't be sure, but I also dug up what looks like it will be a decent map of G'ville and several surrounding towns at the Rand-Mcnally online store last night for $4.95 if anyone else is interested.

We'll check with the C of C, Wal-Mart and the gas stations too for good measure. As for GPS, we are so totally out of the loop it isn't funny. lol

Old 09-19-2007, 04:56 AM

745 posts, read 2,232,476 times
I've tried to find a decent map of Greenville county, with mixed results. I bought a SC state atlas by Delorme at Mast General Store downtown. It's pretty good, but set me back $20! We spend a lot of time on the back roads in the north county, so the city maps are of limited usefulness. I've actually learned my way around fairly well now, anyway.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:56 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,373,752 times
I have yet to find a solid and accurate map of the Greenville area. Most major roads are correct, but it seems these map companies, which are not from this area to begin with, just have no clue about the area - especially the changes that have occured in the last decade. I am hoping Michelin will provide a quality updated map when Michelin on Main is opened because that will easily become the best place to purchase maps then. We used to have a unique place on Coffee Street in downtown called, "The Map Shop." They had maps from around the world and of many different types and were here for 25 years before closing up last year. We loved to visit that place often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area