Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 AM

46 posts, read 66,345 times

Advertisements

We might be heading to SC...have been reading the forum for a couple of days and am getting the impression the Mauldin middle and high schools are pretty good.

What can you tell me about the schools? Will have one in middle and one in high school.

What about the city? It seems small but like a sub of Greenville am I getting the right idea?

Is there a good part of town? A bad part of town?

Any new home construction?

We would prefer a 4 bdr under $200,000...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,555,432 times
Mauldin HS does have a good reputation as far as I know, but I'm not too familiar with the middle school.

Yes, Mauldin is a suburb within the greater Greenville area. Easy access into town from either US 276 (Laurens Rd) or I-385. It's pretty much completely suburban with the current core of town consisting of strip shopping centers (3 grocery stores within a stone's throw of one another), convenience stores, fast food, etc. You'd at least have most necessities conveniently close by.

I'm not aware of any really "bad" parts of town, but the areas closer to the main intersection (Laurens Rd & Butler Rd) tend to be older. The better part of Mauldin IMO (with the largest/nicest homes) is along Miller Rd kind of behind Mauldin HS but that would be past your mentioned home pricing. You'd probably find more 4BR homes under $200,000 along Ashmore Bridge Rd. There are smaller, older homes closer in, but as you drive out there are newer neighborhoods that should fit the bill. There are also several townhome communities in/around Mauldin if that floats your boat.

I know in the general area, they are starting to build more new homes again, but can't think of any I've seen in Mauldin per se.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,542,122 times
I live in Mauldin and I can't think of anything that is currently being built. The area surrounding the town center (city hall) is mostly older homes that seem small but you shouldn't discount finding what you like in that area either. My son went to Mauldin Middle on school choice and now attends Mauldin High. He is our 2nd child at Mauldin High. Both schools are very well regarded and my children have not had any trouble at either. If your child is a band student, Mauldin has a great marching band. Some properties in Simpsonville and Greenville are zoned for MMS and MHS as well as only some Mauldin properties as well. With a subdivision name you can check school assignment on the county school website here Find Your School - By Subdivision/Multi-Family Dwelling. Google Greater Greenville Association of Realtors to search current home listings.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:12 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,140,178 times
I just checked the local MLS for you and it shows 67 New, Under Construction or To Be Built. What size, price and bedrooms are you considering?

Old 04-18-2012, 03:30 PM

46 posts, read 66,345 times
Thinking 4-5 bdrs, at least 2 1/2 baths, 2500-3000 square feet, a bit of a yard would be nice...

Old 04-18-2012, 03:46 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,555,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyrlm View Post
Thinking 4-5 bdrs, at least 2 1/2 baths, 2500-3000 square feet, a bit of a yard would be nice...
There are people in this forum more familiar with area home pricing than I am, but I'm pretty sure it will be difficult to find that kind of house under $200k.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:47 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,140,178 times
I am showing 7 that meet your criteria. PM me an email and I will send them to you.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:50 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,299,065 times
You might want to consider places besides Mauldin as well. Commute times in this area tend to be pretty short. You might also consider homes that go to Riverside high on the East side of Greenville or Anderson District One Schools in the Powdersville area - both have excellent schools.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:05 AM

609 posts, read 1,620,983 times
Mauldin is awesome.

I testify as I'm one successful graduate of Greenbriar / Mauldin High. I love my experiences at both.

They helped me establish the tools I use to sustain a successful self-employment career that i LOVE.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:56 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,542,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojones View Post
Mauldin is awesome.

I testify as I'm one successful graduate of Greenbriar / Mauldin High. I love my experiences at both.

They helped me establish the tools I use to sustain a successful self-employment career that i LOVE.
We are zoned for Greenbriar too but didn't want to go to Bryson after daughter was in MHS Marching Band. MMS has a much better band program if that is important to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area