Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 03:15 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times

Advertisements

WYFF will have a special investigation story on 4-26 at 5pm into Liquid Highway where the company claims to save lives by donating a portion of their revenue to charities. This claim doesn't look to be true though according to the story preview. Apparently they haven't given money to any charity in at least three years and owe banks along with vendors millions of dollars. Stay tuned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 03:20 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
Sad - they were going like gangbusters for a while there!

Old 04-25-2012, 04:26 PM

557 posts, read 864,925 times
Dang G-man. sounds like they were giving to their own charity, themselves! Makes me glad I never bought anything from them ever.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:42 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
This is why I was skeptical about their business decisions during their brief period of rapid expansion. They could be in seriously hot water. I knew something was wrong when they decided to purchase several expensive properties within a very short span of time.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 PM
B&R

148 posts, read 316,206 times
Were they giving a portion of revenues or a portion of profits?

It sounds like they weren't making any profit if they owed big debts.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:48 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,842,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&R View Post
Were they giving a portion of revenues or a portion of profits?

It sounds like they weren't making any profit if they owed big debts.
Good point. While it still seems a bit misleading, if they said profits, there's really nothing financially wrong with what they did.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:28 AM

672 posts, read 1,418,046 times
I've only seen them advertise that they give their profits to charity, not revenue. I wonder if that's what the report will "uncover." Either way, I've always been a big fan and will continue to visit there when I can.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 AM

212 posts, read 423,280 times
Such a simple concept. Revenue =/= Profits. G-man, rein it in a bit.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:40 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
I've only seen them advertise that they give their profits to charity, not revenue. I wonder if that's what the report will "uncover." Either way, I've always been a big fan and will continue to visit there when I can.
And they've still not made a profit. Therefore, they haven't given anything to charity, right? The "charity" they list on their website is run by the people who own liquid highway, and shows no contributions to anything. REAL giving doesn't work that way.

So my question is, how are they "saving lives, one cup at a time" if they aren't giving to charity? NONE of the money you spend on their coffee goes to charity. Don't you think the line plastered all over their stores and vehicles (Saving Lives One Cup at a Time) is a little misleading?

AND, their employees claim the company is a nonprofit, which is a lie. They are an LLC, a for profit company.

It was a marketing strategy all along, and a very misleading one at that.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:10 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,760 times
If you noticed they've closed a few of their stores as well. When I was at my former company they owed us some $$ for some staffing we did for them so they gave us a few hundred pounds of coffee instead (it was around Christmas time) and we used their coffee for gifts.

Now I'm not 100% sure on that but it's what I can recall...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area