Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 11:48 PM

609 posts, read 1,619,341 times

Advertisements

That's All a personal perspective. Is this really worth argument? LOL

Greenville has some of the most beautiful sprawling mountain views in the Southeast...

When it comes to nature scenery, the only place I've been that looks as good/better in/around a city is the Midwest..... Salt Lake City... and the Canyons you get to see when driing from Las VEgas to Denver... amazing views everywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 04:13 PM

684 posts, read 1,185,571 times
Given the option, most north easterners of the boomer generation in my sample size of acquaintances consider NC a much more favorable option than SC for a variety of reasons, god's Country included.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:00 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,900,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohtalim View Post
Given the option, most north easterners of the boomer generation in my sample size of acquaintances consider NC a much more favorable option than SC for a variety of reasons, god's Country included.
If that was generally true (and I agree it seems to be), that is an incentive for me to move to SC vs NC. Living in the South is more than geography.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:02 AM

557 posts, read 864,297 times
I'm equally bound to NC and SC. Born in NC and live in SC now. They both have beautiful views, great people, great food and lots to do.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:43 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,937,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCainJr View Post
I'm equally bound to NC and SC. Born in NC and live in SC now. They both have beautiful views, great people, great food and lots to do.
Do you feel that the cost of living is equal in both places? Taxes, etc? Is there anything in your opinion that's better in one then the other?
Thank you.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:37 PM

9 posts, read 31,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
One would think that the crime rate in a place called God's country would be at least below the national average for crime. Not one year listed here is Greenville below the national average.

City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 319.1) 595.2 652.6 558.3 519.9 550.8 530.1 497.4 528.5 470.0 467.2 373.5

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/city/Greenv...-Carolina.html
Charlotte Crime Rates: Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Greenville Crime Rates: Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Granted, the numbers aren't that pretty when it comes to crime rates, but the only real rate that separates Greenville from Charlotte in safety is property crime. Violent crime and criminal activity per square mile are comparable or lower.

The Crime Index data you provided shows a decrease of nearly 43% from 10 years ago (your data is per year, I'm assuming?), which to me speaks volumes about the direction the city is headed in. In fact, at the rate the index is dropping, assuming the national index remains roughly the same, Greenville's crime index will actually drop below the national average within the next 1-3 years. Those statistics seem to argue in favor of Greenville, especially compared to a larger city like Charlotte.

And I'm sure none of us have to look at the data to know that Atlanta would make both cities look like the Vatican.

Last edited by Yac; 05-15-2012 at 06:28 AM..

Old 05-08-2012, 03:53 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
The Midwest includes Ohio to the Dakatas' but no farther west, and probably not any farther south than Southern Illinois, but I am not positive. I think it depends a great deal upon the source being cited. The Midwest does have several mountain ranges, three of the Great Lakes, great river, beautiful lakes and natural scenery, great fishing and hunting, but it is not near any ocean. Drats!

Old 05-08-2012, 07:01 PM

374 posts, read 833,700 times
...... Plezzzz, I can't be the only one......

Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 AM

81 posts, read 203,636 times
Ha. Who knew the phrase "God's Country" would spark a debate that included crime rate data and a generalization of where "Northerners" prefer to move. I think we should get some rope and some stakes and mark the property line so everyone knows where to find this plot of land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area