Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 07:21 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,738,449 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Any good recommendations for a sunscreen I can use on my face every day, under my (very light) makeup? The stuff I used in Ohio, which was a foundation based light powder, isn't strong enough here. I'm getting spots my husband calls "freckles" but they are clearly age spots. Don't want them on my face!

Thanks for any recommendations,

Chana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 08:11 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,480,699 times
what SPF is your current foundation? Many manufacturers make them 20+ now adays. I think even the natural ones like bare minerals are pretty high up? Otherwise try a neutrogena sunscreen i suppose?

Old 06-03-2012, 08:21 PM

344 posts, read 817,906 times
I think my foundation has an spf, but I also use an Oil of Olay daily lotion under my make up that's spf 15.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:12 PM

Thanks, all! I try to use SPF of 70 on my face. Going to try Oil of Olay or Neutrogena. Some of those are so thick and burn a bit - hopefully will find something good.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:27 PM

344 posts, read 817,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
Thanks, all! I try to use SPF of 70 on my face. Going to try Oil of Olay or Neutrogena. Some of those are so thick and burn a bit - hopefully will find something good.
My skin is sensitive and Oil of Olay doesn't irritate it at all, and this variety isn't heavy- I'm not close to the bottle right now, but I think it's just called a daily moisturizer. I don't wear a ton of make up and can't stand stuff to feel heavy on my face. I don't think it's a 70 though. I use a much higher spf on my face when we're out at the pool or something. I always buy the sunscreens that specify for faces- those seem to burn less. Good luck with your search!

Old 06-03-2012, 09:36 PM

Thanks so much - that helps a lot. I tried one years ago that burned my skin. I don't have to do SPF 70 all the time, but 50 would be good. As long as it doesn't burn my skin. I'm not even really out that much but those spots accumulate! Thanks for the ideas - appreciate it.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:09 AM

21 posts, read 31,299 times
My Avon foundation and daily moisturizer both have sunscreens in them (yes, Avon, believe it or not). I was getting that sort of freckly shadow mask on my face and this stuff blocks it. If you need links/names send me a PM!

Old 06-04-2012, 08:10 AM

288 posts, read 950,944 times
I use MAC Prep + Prime SPF 50 under a light dusting of PUR Mineral foundation. I like the MAC stuff because it is a physical sunblock vs a chemical sunscreen. It shouldn't irritate even sensitive skin. It is designed to soak up oil throughout the day, which is a great thing for me. It's not moisturizing at all, though. If you have a darker complexion, the physical sunblocks (zinc and titanium dioxide may be too chalky for you) but that's definitely not a problem for me. LOL. I buy mine at the MAC counter at Belk, Haywood Mall. It's a little pricey but lasts me about six months (I use it every day, even in winter).

Old 06-04-2012, 05:45 PM

843 posts, read 1,435,874 times
I'm another Oil of Olay fan. I use their daily moisturizer. I think it is a 15spf which is fine since I'm not really outside all that much. If I am planning on being outside I put on the true sunscreen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area