Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 08:20 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times

Advertisements

With all seriousness, this place rocks (looking at the pics on the website)!! Great addition to our area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 10:52 AM

807 posts, read 1,784,277 times
Baskin Robbins died years ago in Easley. We have Bruesters but also have Blueberry Frog. I miss Baskin also. Nutty Coconut! It was like a almond joy without the chocolate.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:55 AM

807 posts, read 1,784,277 times
The pictures are nice! Thanks for posting. This looks like a kids fantasyland!

Old 10-26-2012, 03:40 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Why doesn't Greenville have a Ben and Jerrys or a similar independent ice cream place that uses quality dairy from non rBGH treated cows? It seems the closest Ben and Jerry's is in Gastonia, NC where ever that is. I hate going to restaurants and or dessert places or bakeries that use inferior ingredients loaded with chemicals that are hazardous to your health at best or known carcinogens. Why does there continue to be a market for this stuff. I wish people would wake up and stop going to these places.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:48 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Why doesn't Greenville have a Ben and Jerrys or a similar independent ice cream place that uses quality dairy from non rBGH treated cows? It seems the closest Ben and Jerry's is in Gastonia, NC where ever that is. I hate going to restaurants and or dessert places or bakeries that use inferior ingredients loaded with chemicals that are hazardous to your health at best or known carcinogens. Why does there continue to be a market for this stuff. I wish people would wake up and stop going to these places.
It's a southern suburb of Charlotte, about 25-30 minutes north of Gaffney.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:54 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
It's a southern suburb of Charlotte, about 25-30 minutes north of Gaffney.
Oh thanks. Still does anyone else feel the same way? Wouldn't a nice "home-made" ice cream place be a nice addition to Greenville? Charleston has a Ben & Jerry's. I think Greenville should have an ice cream place that uses whole unadulterated ingredients.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:11 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
I read their menu and I want this one:

COCONUT STORM

creamy coconut ice cream with shredded coconut..

Old 10-27-2012, 08:18 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,858,461 times
Quote:
Greenville did have a Ben & Jerry's on Augusta Street for years. BUT, you do know, Ben & Jerry's is about as far from "quality, fresh made" you can get? Right? Ben & Jerry's is far from the little boutique it was that started years ago in Vermont. Considering Ben & Jerry's is available in every Bi-Lo, Publix, Ingles, etc....why would anyone need a store? If you checked out Sloan's link....Sloan's is all fresh made from natural ingredients. Sloan's is so above B & J, that the two can hardly be mentioned in the same conversation.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:22 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,858,461 times
Quote:
Oh thanks. Still does anyone else feel the same way? Wouldn't a nice "home-made" ice cream place be a nice addition to Greenville? Charleston has a Ben & Jerry's. I think Greenville should have an ice cream place that uses whole unadulterated ingredients.
They do already have several, even before Sloan's opens. Perhaps you haven't been to Luna Rosa (gelato) or Spill the Beans, to name a couple?

Old 10-27-2012, 09:37 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,374,908 times
Luna Rosa is as good as it gets in the Upstate. I desire no other ice cream or frozen yogurt/custard option, although I am pleased to know Sloan's will add to the local economy.

Emilybh, have you tried the ice cream produced locally using Happy Cow Creamery milk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area