Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:31 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausrutherford View Post
The only type of grocery store that belongs that close to downtown is one that is within an urban development like the Publix on E.McBee
I agree completely and my preference would be something like a Whole Foods Market or Trader Joe's. I also wouldn't mind something very similar to a World Market in downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 PM

179 posts, read 328,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I agree completely and my preference would be something like a Whole Foods Market or Trader Joe's. I also wouldn't mind something very similar to a World Market in downtown.
A downtown Trader Joe's would be perfect!

Old 11-15-2012, 10:58 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times

Mayor: Major project planned for downtown Greenville - YouTube

Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,741 times
A high-rise proposal in Downtown Greenville has to be imminent; the demand for units (both mid-priced and upscale) has increased rapidly over this last year alone. I'm positive there's plenty of office demand in Downtown as well, with so many companies in the outskirts looking to move to Downtown.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:45 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
A downtown Trader Joe's would be perfect!
There was talk when the Trader Joes opened on Woodruff, that the Greenville area would see three total locations. Rumor has swirled for a year or two now that TJ's has its eyes on the downtown area.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:55 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
But one wonders if SOMETHING along those lines is needed in that area. We shouldn't poo-poo them just because they aren't "glamorous".

I agree. Walmart is building a small store with NO Groceries in Downtown Knoxville. It will be general merchandise only. It is part of a mixed use project along with Publix. It will have apartments and condos overhead and parking underneath and looks very cool. They should have worked with Walmart to do something like General Merchandise only and maybe a Whole Foods/Trader Joes along with apartments at that location on Church instead it seems they just turned them away.

Quite frankly I hope that apartment complex they are planning on Church looks better than the artist rendering because its doing nothing for me as far as looks.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:29 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Walmart is building a small store with NO Groceries in Downtown Knoxville. It will be general merchandise only. It is part of a mixed use project along with Publix. It will have apartments and condos overhead and parking underneath and looks very cool. They should have worked with Walmart to do something like General Merchandise only and maybe a Whole Foods/Trader Joes along with apartments at that location on Church instead it seems they just turned them away.
I whole-heartedly agree here!

Old 11-16-2012, 05:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
The only type of grocery store that belongs that close to downtown is one that is within an urban development like the Publix on E.McBee
I would like to see a newer supermarket somewhere between North Main Street and Buncombe Street (Pete Hollis Boulevard). Bi-Lo has done okay with its store on North Main Street, but something like Publix at McBee Station would be nice on the other side of Greenville's downtown.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:16 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I think a Trader Joe's would work in the Augusta Road area somewhat near I-85.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
How about a Publix at Lewis Plaza or within the vincinity? It is a food desert in a prominent area from a void created by Bi-Lo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area