Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 01:33 PM

252 posts, read 282,361 times

Advertisements

I am thinking that I would like living in one of these little house condo neighborhoods because I am too lazy to do yardwork and this is some newer housing a little closer to the roads I frequent most in town.

If there are anymore n'hoods like this in Greenville let me now where they are at b/c I might be riding up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 09:37 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,534,267 times
I think you are referring to the Rosewood Communities - Greystone, Bluestone, Woodstone, etc. Their web site has all their locations and more information.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:05 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,815,911 times
I live on Boiling Springs Road, which is very close to Pelham and has quick access to I-85 as well. My little community is called The Ravines at Spring Mill and is designed for people 55 and over with no outside maintenance. There are similar communities in Simpsonville and out near Furman, but this one is the best and will only have a total of 46 units when completed. We have a pool and a clubhouse with an exercise room, and there is a great group of people living here. Once a month we have an informal gathering in the clubhouse where everyone brings an hors d'oeuvre to share and whatever they choose to drink. We celebrate the birthdays and anniversaries for the month. We all contribute $1.00 and someone bakes a cake (She's good too!).

There is a weekly card night on Thursdays, and we just started up another game night on Tuesdays. There's also a wine club that meets occasionally.

I think you should check it out while you're in the area.

FYI, these are 2 and 3 bedroom patio home/condos.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
I think you are referring to the Rosewood Communities - Greystone, Bluestone, Woodstone, etc. Their web site has all their locations and more information.
Yeah I think I already stumbled upon that website. I was thinking it was called Ravines at Roper Mountain and I wasn't finding anything at first.

Those other ones are probably a bit far out, and I prefer to be in the Roper Mountain / Pelham / Woodruff Rd area.

I think there is an older one, maybe 12 years old now, called Heritage Oaks or something not too far from the hospital. I think most my neighbors might be like 50 years older than me. LOL I am basically retired now anyway so it is all good.

Thanks for the help,
Sam

Old 07-12-2013, 06:43 PM

If you want a lot of bang for the buck, look at Ivybrooke. It is a large, gated townhome community (160+ homes) on Garlington, just off Pelham @ I-85. It was built 13-14 yrs ago, so it's not brand new, but we LOVED living there when we were in Greenville. We looked at a lot of neighborhoods in 2008, and Ivybrooke, to us, was the best value. We had 1800+ s.f., 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, bonus room, 2 car garage and a large floored attic-type storage room on the 2nd floor.... all for under $180,000... a lot of space for the money. The HOA is well run... firm about rules, but not Nazi-ish. They also have a small neighborhood pool. The majority of residents are 55+, but there is also a smattering of young professionals.... almost no resident kids to speak of, just a few grandkids who visit once in a while.

One of the things that strikes me about Ivbrooke as compared to some of the newer neighborhoods is the sense of space. There is a lot of green space, and even though they are connected townhomes rather than patio homes, there is a LOT of space. You don't feel crammed in at all.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
If you want a lot of bang for the buck, look at Ivybrooke. It is a large, gated townhome community (160+ homes) on Garlington, just off Pelham @ I-85. It was built 13-14 yrs ago, so it's not brand new, but we LOVED living there when we were in Greenville. We looked at a lot of neighborhoods in 2008, and Ivybrooke, to us, was the best value. We had 1800+ s.f., 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, bonus room, 2 car garage and a large floored attic-type storage room on the 2nd floor.... all for under $180,000... a lot of space for the money. The HOA is well run... firm about rules, but not Nazi-ish. They also have a small neighborhood pool. The majority of residents are 55+, but there is also a smattering of young professionals.... almost no resident kids to speak of, just a few grandkids who visit once in a while.

One of the things that strikes me about Ivbrooke as compared to some of the newer neighborhoods is the sense of space. There is a lot of green space, and even though they are connected townhomes rather than patio homes, there is a LOT of space. You don't feel crammed in at all.
Yeah I thought about the one but I also didn't know the name of it or how old it was. That sounds like what I am looking for though and really can't beat that location b/t Woodruff and Pelham. I used to go by it all the time on the way to work in S'burg.

Thanks.

I just checked out that area on Google maps and i didn't realize that Muddy Ford road was there that goes over the interstate up to Pelham. That's a nice alternative route to have to avoid some of the traffic furthur down on Pelham and roper mountain as well.

Last edited by Samoyed3; 07-12-2013 at 07:06 PM..

Old 07-12-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoyed3 View Post

I just checked out that area on Google maps and i didn't realize that Muddy Ford road was there that goes over the interstate up to Pelham. That's a nice alternative route to have to avoid some of the traffic furthur down on Pelham and roper mountain as well.
I used that route all the time to go to the library on Pelham among other places. Muddy Ford actually goes under the Interstate.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I used that route all the time to go to the library on Pelham among other places. Muddy Ford actually goes under the Interstate.
Lol, sweet, I have lived there twice for a total of about 3.5 years and I never knew this. It is almost like the tunnel thru the mountain on Tunnel Road in Asheville.

I am going to have to buy a house there so I can take this road all the time, now. LOL

Old 07-16-2013, 09:28 AM

7 posts, read 11,988 times
Check out The Townes at Pine Grove next to Mitchel Road Elementary. It's close to the Pelham/Haywood road area. It's a newer maintenance free townhouse community.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:54 AM

17 posts, read 41,481 times
Quote:

I agree about Ivybrooke! I just sold a home in there and my client loves it! Be sure to get a radon test, though. My client's inspection came back high and mitigation was necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area