Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 06:59 PM

843 posts, read 1,431,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I would contact Concerned Citizens for Animals and ask for advice. Animal Control (or Animal Care) may "rescue" the dog, but usually cannot guarantee immunity from extermination.
I would much rather a dog be humanely euthanized than starved to death in a backyard. I don't want either of these two to happen, but the first is better than the second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 03:45 AM

684 posts, read 1,185,571 times
Get a wireless security camera system, place one camera on your bigges tree overlooking his yard, and verify the dog's condition first!

Old 07-14-2013, 06:00 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohtalim View Post
Get a wireless security camera system, place one camera on your bigges tree overlooking his yard, and verify the dog's condition first!
It's much easier to call...?

The OP hasn't even given us an update, so I'm not contributing any more advice.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:48 PM

10,077 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Thanks guys for all the replies.

As it ended up, he must have had someone check in on the dog. One of his workers was over there the next day and he went to the backyard. Before that I hadn't seen anyone over there at all so that worried me....and then seeing the sheriff over there that one night, I wondered if maybe my neighbor skipped town and left his dog.

The dog is barking now and I'm sure it will keep barking into the late night. Thank goodness I have an air machine to block it out. The neighbor is still gone.

This guy just has no respect for any of his neighbors. His house is a mess and he's a mess and he could care less that his dog may be barking late at night keeping his neighbors up.

I was looking up animal control and they don't work on the weekends. One of the websites said that you need to call the sheriff's dept and they will check on the animal and if they see a reason to call animal control then they will. I'm thinking maybe another neighbor called about the barking dog and that's why the sheriff came over. Like I said the sheriff was parked in front of his house late Friday night for about 10 minutes and of course at that time the dog didn't bark so the sheriff left. Who knows.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your advice.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 07-14-2013 at 06:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area