Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 09:40 AM

99 posts, read 204,279 times

Advertisements

I wasn't sure where to post this as there is no Anderson forum but I guess Greenville is close enough.

I am wondering if anybody knows anything about apartments in Anderson.

I am currently looking at Wexford Condominiums, Calhoun Historic Lofts, Walden Oaks, Shadow Creek, and North Gate.

I was considering Ashton Park but they are booked through the end of the year.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I am trying to stay in the 600-750 dollar range for 1 bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 06:37 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,550,462 times
They do need a separate forum as most people within this one stay within Greenville or southern Spartanburg, so I understand your confusion. I would go ahead an remove Wexford And Calhoun from my list...Calhoun is WAY overpriced for what you get and Wexford is Condos, not apartments. I would recommend Hampton Crest Apartments. It's kind of hard to find if you use navigation, but if you're headed south on Pearman Dairy Rd/28 Bypass, turn left on Standridge Rd (where the district office/bus depot is) and then take the first right on Morningside Dr, then first left on Fairfax St. You'll see it right there. You're close to downtown and the bypass, they're nice and new, and I believe a one bedroom is in or below the 500 range.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
They do need a separate forum as most people within this one stay within Greenville or southern Spartanburg, so I understand your confusion. I would go ahead an remove Wexford And Calhoun from my list...Calhoun is WAY overpriced for what you get and Wexford is Condos, not apartments. I would recommend Hampton Crest Apartments. It's kind of hard to find if you use navigation, but if you're headed south on Pearman Dairy Rd/28 Bypass, turn left on Standridge Rd (where the district office/bus depot is) and then take the first right on Morningside Dr, then first left on Fairfax St. You'll see it right there. You're close to downtown and the bypass, they're nice and new, and I believe a one bedroom is in or below the 500 range.
Hampton Crest appears to be income restricted apartments. They actually look nicer than most of the others in Anderson so that is disappointing.

Wexford Condos are actually rented out like apartments, they even have a property manager on site like an apartment complex. They are on apartmentfinder.com and looks like they won Anderson newspaper's best of 2013 apartment category. I am not sure why anybody would buy one of those condos at this point, those have to be hard to sell.

The only reason I am looking at Calhoun is because on one of the apartmentfinder websites, they talk about giving you 250 off per month which should bring it down to 600 or so per month, if you lease by a certain date in October. They also say something about 500 off the first month.

Anderson's apartment scene is kind of disappointing given it is near Clemson and Anderson universities. I would have thought more and better options would be available.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,416 times
I highly, highly, highly recommend Tanglewood. It is over off of Highway 81/East Greenville Street on Marchbanks Ave. If you are familiar with the area it's the road that is right in front of the QT at the redlight on that road and goes down towards McCants so it is still over there near Ashton and Shadow Creek if you like that area. We just moved from there (our lease doesn't end until almost November though) and into a house we just closed on after living there for two years and we loved it. You can get a one bedroom with one bath for right under $600 right now I do believe. A two bedroom with bath and a half like what we had is around $640 or so. The best part about Tanglewood is the incredible landscaping. it is surrounded by trees and it's almost as if you are living in a forest. It has won the landscaping award every year for many years back, including this year. The actual apartments themselves are not as great as something like Shadow Creek or Ashton Park, but you would be paying a lot more for those as well. It costs more to rent something there than it is going to cost us on our mortgage.

The folks that work there are great as well, from the ladies in the office to the maintenance guys. I have nothing but great things to say about all of them.

Check out Tanglewood, tell them that Brent and Lisa recommended them. I get nothing for it now that we aren't living there but I'm on good terms with them and I interacted with them all the time. I told them I'd recommend them to people since we did sincerely love living there.

If the landscaping is important to you, and you want that feeling that you live in the woods instead of just out on a cement block in the middle of a lot, then you would love Tanglewood. If you want more information or details feel free to let me know. Here is the link to their site...

www.tanglewoodapthomes.com

Regardless of where you end up, I highly recommend staying on that side of Anderson. I did some intensive research on various apartments around anderson and from speaking to law enforcement and just doing other research, if safety and that sort of a thing is a concern for you then you want on this side.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:57 PM

@cblumkin

Thanks for the response. I did ride by those and they looked decent. The reviews on apartmentratings.com were not that good for them so I wasn't sure what to think.
I think one of the things people talked about is mold be a problem there. I also wonder about how much natural light is in those apartments. I stayed in an apartment in Aiken that was in a wooded area and I had almost zero sunlight in my apartment.

I stopped by the Wexford Condos off 81 last week, and those look nice. They are only asking 645 for them which kind of suprised me because most of the newer apartments want at least 750 these days.

I am leaning to moving to Greenville instead of Anderson given that I am more likely to find work in Greenville.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moab1 View Post
@cblumkin

Thanks for the response. I did ride by those and they looked decent. The reviews on apartmentratings.com were not that good for them so I wasn't sure what to think.
I think one of the things people talked about is mold be a problem there. I also wonder about how much natural light is in those apartments. I stayed in an apartment in Aiken that was in a wooded area and I had almost zero sunlight in my apartment.
No problem!

I have never, in real life, met anyone with a bad thing to really say about Tanglewood. I was told by a friend that once lived there to check it out, and all of our neighbors while we were there loved it. I never saw any sort of mold or anything like that, but who knows from apartment to apartment. The natural light was plentiful as well. The trees aren't so thick that it cuts out all of the light. For us, it was a perfect mixture.

Good luck with wherever you end up going!

Old 09-24-2013, 10:41 AM

2,490 posts, read 2,550,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moab1 View Post
I am leaning to moving to Greenville instead of Anderson given that I am more likely to find work in Greenville.
That's probably going to be the best course to lean towards. More jobs, more to do, vastly better downtown, far more apartment options, etc etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area