Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2019, 03:57 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,598,708 times

Advertisements

I think Food City would be great for Greenville SC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 05:09 PM

181 posts, read 133,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
I think Food City would be great for Greenville SC
I have been to Food City back in Knoxville and the tri-cities of TN. It is very nice. Hope they come!

Old 03-20-2019, 08:25 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
I read in a trade publication Food City was considering entries into Alabama and North Carolina. Food City would have difficulty in western North Carolina with Ingle's present. On the flip side, Food City could be a good acquisition target for a competitor like Ingle's who wants to expand across southeast Kentucky, east Tennessee, and southwest Virginia.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I read in a trade publication Food City was considering entries into Alabama and North Carolina. Food City would have difficulty in western North Carolina with Ingle's present. On the flip side, Food City could be a good acquisition target for a competitor like Ingle's who wants to expand across southeast Kentucky, east Tennessee, and southwest Virginia.
There would be a ton of Ingles in East TN then because Knoxville (one of the key markets in ET) has a majority of its grocery stores being Food Citys and Ingles and Food Lion, with a lot of Krogers and Walmarts as well. (Not that that is a bad thing, just means you might some find Ingles across the street from one another, which can get out of hand fast).

Old 03-20-2019, 08:44 PM

Food Lion has imploded in Tennessee for obvious reasons.

Food City would fit well into Ingle's territory.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:47 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAndersonCo View Post
There would be a ton of Ingles in East TN then because Knoxville (one of the key markets in ET) has a majority of its grocery stores being Food Citys and Ingles and Food Lion, with a lot of Krogers and Walmarts as well. (Not that that is a bad thing, just means you might some find Ingles across the street from one another, which can get out of hand fast).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Food Lion has imploded in Tennessee for obvious reasons.

Food City would fit well into Ingle's territory.
Yes there are very few Food Lions left in Knox County if any.

What is surprising to me is the store count for Publix remains small. I thought Knox County could hold as many Publix stores as Greenville County. I know a Walmart downtown and near UT (university Commons) is currently closing which is in the same shopping center as Publix

Food City took over a number of Bi-Lo locations in Knox after they left and I believe Earth Fare got one.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:49 PM

Publix still has ways to go in increasing store count and entering markets in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Food Lion should exit Tennessee.

Food City acquired BI-LO stores indeed.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yes there are very few Food Lions left in Knox County if any.

What is surprising to me is the store count for Publix remains small. I thought Knox County could hold as many Publix stores as Greenville County. I know a Walmart downtown and near UT (university Commons) is currently closing which is in the same shopping center as Publix

Food City took over a number of Bi-Lo locations in Knox after they left and I believe Earth Fare got one.
Earth Fare did aquire one location.

Old 03-23-2019, 02:44 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAndersonCo View Post
Ok, about White Castle, the closest stores are in Nashville. If you want tiny burgers, the only one near here is Krystal and I have a gut feeling they are spreading closer to us from Gaffney anytime soon.
Also, about Skyline chili, I don't think it is in the SC market yet, and is definetly not in the upstate market yet. If it were to come, it is very well possible, that it might be elsewhere in Greenville.
As I have mentioned, White Castle and Krystal may minimally overlap in parts of Tennessee and Kentucky. Does not look like White Castle is venturing further south. Perhaps Krystal could indeed find a better performing location. As for Skyline Chili, they are mainly in Ohio and parts of Kentucky, but have also expanded into Florida. The chili based concept is popular in Cincinnati, along with Gold Star Chili.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:00 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,598,708 times
Also at the old American Road side Burger I would like , to see a , White Castle then at the old Wid wings , I would like to see a , Rusty Taco's , with free WFI , SKY lights , nice restrooms , free salsa bar , free mints , kids eat free on the weekends , nice breaches inside and out , Greenville Drive days on the weekends , free candy for kids , Special tacos , Greenville taco , with beef , sour cream , white chesse , ranch saunce , SC Coast taco , Crab meat , lobster , Mai MAi ,corn , Chicken Ckicken taco fired chicken , peacns , saunce your chosse , Stuff Crab taco , stuff crab with lobster , Mac and chesse , BBQ taco , pulled pork BBQ , corn salsa , Steak chesse taco ,with Steak sause , Chicken and Waffle Taco , then at the old famous Toster , I would like to see a , Sky Line Chill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area