Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2014, 12:35 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,597,762 times

Advertisements

No sounds good a Penn Station sub restaurant would be great at CherryDale Point and in the Haywood Food Court also here In Berea SC and on Woodruff RD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 06:07 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
As far as "eat places," I want to see a Popeyes, Roy Rogers, and a Big Boy. And a Skyline Chili and a White Castle.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:02 PM

Popeyes would be great on Haywood RD also Pelham Rd , Roy Rogers would be great at CherryDale Point and Woodruff RD , Skyline Chill would be great On Haywood RD , Pelham Rd , CherryDale Point , Whitle Castle would be great on Haywood RD , Woodruff RD , Exit off the GSP , Berea SC , Easley SC Also BIg Boy would do great in Easely SC , Woodruff RD , area near Downtown Town Greenville , Behind the Haywood Mall

Old 09-01-2014, 02:15 PM

Also on Poniset highway the empty land where the tee shirt plant was I would like to see a , Sangebush steak house also ,Poniset highway I would like to see a , Big Boy , CVS , Frist watch cafe , Popeyes Chicken , at the old Dixe eat place tear it down and put a , Blocks Bagles there also clean up the roads also clean up the car lots there and there is some empty buildings at CherryDale Point I would like to see a , DSW , Eggs UP Grill , Lids , Levis store , Larry's Sub Shop , Sweet fog , also a Roy Rogers would be great for the area and a Whilte Castle also a Jim&and nicks BQQ would great for The CherryDale area

Old 09-01-2014, 03:24 PM

I think folks who miss Shoney's would welcome a Big Boy, which was a former Shoney's franchise partner back in the heyday when Shoney's was a good restaurant. Known for the famous Big Boy burger, hot fudge cake, and breakfast bar. The Big Boy national corporation from Michigan has the largest full service menu, and is most similar to the old Shoney's of the Big Boy era. And they use the 1000 Island sauce on the famous burger. There is also a Frisch's Big Boy franchise in Kentucky and Ohio, but they use a famous tartar sauce on their flagship burger. And the Bob's Big Boy still exists in California, where they use red relish and mayo as the topping on their burger. I would be happy to see any of these Big Boy franchises come to the Carolinas and fill the Shoney's void. For Shoney's unfortunately is on the decline, and has pulled out of many Southern markets which were their hometown region. Perhaps they should rejoin the Big Boy franchise again and try to rebuild.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:29 PM

Popeyes should have tried to open some Upstate locations in the last few years, as they are losing ground to Bojangle's and now Golden Chick which are expanding with new locations. There is a void for Popeyes in the Upstate, as they have locations in neighboring markets of Rock Hill, Charlotte, Columbia, and Atlanta. It is past time to fill in the gap here.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:31 PM

While I would like to see a White Castle, they normally don't overlap in Krystal territory, except very briefly in parts of Kentucky and possibly Tennessee.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:43 PM

I prefer Roy Rogers roast beef over Arby's anyday, but right now they are primarily expanding in Northern Virginia and Maryland. And they just announced a new location in New Jersey. Plus they also have good burgers and great fried chicken. Perhaps a potential franchisee would eventually consider locating here. We have seen Culver's, Freddy's, Golden Chick, and Jack in the Box come from distant regions and new to the market. So why not a Roy Rogers? They have a good quality food product, and nice clean stores. Not the shady travel stop variety which they have either improved or shut down. They would just perhaps need to work on name recognition, especially with the under 35 crowd. But in the Mid Atlantic, Midwest, and Northeast, the name Roy Rogers still means good roast beef, good chicken, and overall good food with a strong brand identity. Up there, when you think roast beef, you think Roy Rogers and not just Arby's. And Roy Rogers wins that contest hands down.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:48 PM

I would like to see a Roy Rogers In Greenille SC one would great on Haywodd RD , Shoney's I do miss here In Greenville , a , Shoney' would be great at CherryDale Point and one near the Bass Pro also a Popeyes would great on Haywood RD , CherryDale area snd Pelham RD also a Roy Rogers would be great IN TR snd Berea SC , Also a PopEyes would be great In Anderson SC and Greenwood SC alao a White Castle would be great near the Dowtown Greenville also and Haywood RD also a Roy Rogers would be great near Downtown Greenville , Easley SC and off exit near GSP , Haywood Rd needs some new wat places also a BIg Boy would great On Laurens RD and CherryDale Area

Last edited by ATL fan; 09-01-2014 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: Need to add something

Old 09-01-2014, 10:11 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,293,306 times
Shoney's has kind of been destroyed as a chain. I remember back when they had an awesome breakfast bar and pretty good food for other meals as well. Their hot fudge sundae was a rare treat as a kid. Last time I ate at a Shoney's was 5-6 years ago and the food was awful. Their lack of alcohol on the menu and failure to adapt to all the sports bar chains kind of sealed their fate.

They also used to own Captain D's and the Hungry Fisherman chains.

Anyone remember eating at the Hungry Fisherman? They built their restaurants surrounded by a big pond with a dock that felt like you were getting ready to board a fishing vessel. Big fish tanks inside that fascinated me as a kid. I remember going to the one in Columbia but not where it was located. Seems like I went to the one in Greenville too as a kid - think that one was located off Pelham near where California Dreaming is now. At that time there was nothing out on that part of Pelham Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area