Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 12:37 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times

Advertisements

^^Wow that is a massive development you have planned for Five Forks. Would be great to have a Popeyes, but did you remember to include a Roy Rogers and a Big Boy? That was a lot of great ideas to sort through there. But responsible growth is required for Five Forks to create a proper balance of residential and retail, to avoid congestion and mutually coexist within the current infrastructure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 12:40 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I am glad to see Captn. D's returning to the Greenville market. Although they have not yet announced specific locations.
I have not heard anything in regards to Captain D's in four months. It was previously discussed in "https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...artanburg.html."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
There was speculation that Target may be coming to Easley at the old Kmart site, but I am not sure due to some recent difficulties. But I would like to see a Meijer Supercenter expand south from Ohio and Kentucky as they are a nice big store and an alternative to Walmart.
If Target was to locate in Easley, it would have been over ten years ago. Its exit from Canada is one of many decisions to get itself back on track before opening new locations.

The best chance of having a competitor against Walmart Supercenter stores in the hypermarket category would be Kroger Marketplace stores. It is dependent how Kroger wants to use Harris Teeter or itself - or another acquisition - in the upstate South Carolina region.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:57 PM

^^I do not realistically expect Meijer stores to move into Upstate SC. However, it should be noted that their southernmost store is in Richmond, Kentucky right alongside I-75. It would not necessarily be that much of a stretch for them to move on down the road into Knoxville, TN, also on I-75. That could lead into a further expansion down 75 into Atlanta, and a detour over to Asheville and the Carolinas, including infill in Greenville-Spartanburg and Charlotte. And I was told by a store manager prior to the recession of 2008 that they were indeed considering a southern expansion of some sort. Of course, those plans could have changed or have been postponed by now.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:09 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,597,556 times
A Meijers would be great to have In Easley SC with , Free WFI , SKY lights , nice restrooms , Splll the Beans , SC Local cafe , nice tress flowes , GreenSpace outside , free Mints for shoppers and ice tea southern style snd kids day every Sat and Sunday , Thanks that would great to have for Five Forks SC also a Safeway Gas Station In Five Forks SC next to that a , Big Boy on the side a , StarBucks across the street form that a Roy Rogers with in and outdoor seating , Free WFI then behind the Safeway a , Lowes next to that a , Del Toca on the side a , CVS before this a , Galdys Knight Chicken and waffles , next to that a , nice Save Lot on the side a , Carolina Bank across street form this a , SKY Line Chill on the side a , Nice Mircle Hill on the side Five Forks place SC with a , Food Lion , JC Penny Oulet , Toms BQQ , Southern Tide Store , Monkey Joes , Blimps , Charter Store , Gerg Norman Golf Store , Jason Deli , Conns Home Plus , Hammers Cloher Store , Lifeway Christian Book Store , Gabe's , Ben and Jerry's Ice cream , Fresh Market , Rainbow Sandles Oulet , Stalpes , Best Buy Mobile , Ear Shot , Finish Line , Auto Zone , Hot Topic , Old Time Potty , Dish Barn , Justin Boots , Habbor Fight , Rooms To Go , Dillard's Oulet , then at the end a , No Way Jose Mexican restaurant with out door and in door seating on the side a , DQ with outdoor and indoor seating

Old 01-30-2015, 12:36 PM

Also when the old Exide Batterly Plant gets Demolished I would like to see a , KS Steak House then at Riverside Crossing In Greer SC I would like to see a , Giant Eagle Grocery Store with , Free WFI , SKy Lights , Sun Trust Bank , nice restrooms , SC Gift Shop , StarBucks , other stores at RiverSide Crossing , Levi's Store , Lids , Nike FlagShip Store , Michaels Crafts Store , DC Shoe Store , Ace Pizza , Sperry Shoe Store , Timex Watch store , LEES Jeans Store , Golf Smih , City BQQ . Pita's Pit , Cazy 8 , Clarks Shoes Oulet , Gap Oulet , Toco Boy , NorthFace Oulet , Black and Decker store , UPS Store , Ray Ban SunGlass Store , PGA Golf Shop , Nauita Store , Panthers Gift Shop , Braves Gift Shop , AT&T store , CrossWays Christian Book Store , Uban Outfits , Converse Shoe Store , Sean John Store , Dirt Devil Oulet , Pam's Cafe , Eggs Up Grill , NY Style Deli , Blocks Bagles , Master Cuts , Great Clips , MR K Books , T Mobile Store , Fire House Subs , All State , FYE , PAC Sun Oulet , Black Magic Cafe , NBA Store , Greer SC Gift Shop , Appline SKI Center then around River side Crossing , Restaurents the Fellowing , Bob Evans , White Castle , TGI Fridays , Chills , Chesee Cake Factory , Frist Watch Cafe , PopEyes Chicken , Roy Rogers then at the Haywood Mall the old Body Shop I would like to see a , Michaels Knos Store then at the old Body Central I would like to see a , HM then , at the old , as see TV store I would like to see a , Comic book store then the empty space between Vans Off the Wall and Cazy 8 I wold like to see a , Uban Outfits then at the tea place near the food Court I would like to see a , VON Dutch store then the 2 empty spaces at the Food Court at the Frist empty space I would like to see a , DQ then at the 2rd empty space Blocks Bagles

Old 01-30-2015, 03:40 PM

Also at the Old Chinnse Buffert on Orchard Park Drive I would like to see Orchard Shops a small one with a , Callway Golf Shop , Tim's BQQ , Izod store , Lee Jeans Store , Don's Cafe , All State , Hat World , Joe's Shoe Store , EGGS Up Grill , American Rag store , Peeps Candy Store , Harry and David store then the empty land next to Miybi's I would like to see a , Captin D's with indoor and outdoor seating , Free WFI then across the street I would like to see a , Frist Watch cafe then then the empty land next to the Sports Club I would like to see a , East Bay Deil then behind the Haywood Mall rhe empty Buliding next to Jimmy Johns i would like to see a , Ben and Jerrys Ice cream then at the old golf store I would like to see a , Addias shoe Store then at 500 Congaree RD I would like to see Congaree Place Shops with a , Food City , with Free WFI , SKY Lights , nice restrooms , TD Bank , Spill the beans , weather center , Frist aid center other stores at the shops , Abercombie and Fitch , Abrcombie for Kids Quick Silver , Levis Store , Guss jeans Oulet , City BQQ , Cole Hass Oulet , JD Crew Oulet , Toys RUS Express store , Hen house store , Earth Fare , North Face Oulet , Timberland store , Ace Hardwear , Jersey Mikes Subs , UPS Store , Petco , Sweet Fog , American Apperal , HallMark , Ace Pizza , Panthers Gift Shop , Charter Store , Jelly Belly Store , Best Buy Mobile store , MD 360 , Lucky Brand store , T Moible Store , Timex Watch store , NBA Store , Sean John Store , Hanes Oulet , RL Polo Store , NY Bagel Shop , Legos Store , State Farm , Chicken and Waffle Place , Erko Brand store , Ray Ban SunGlass Shop , Greenville Drive Gift Shop , New Era store , Sperry Shoe Store , Hugo boss Oulet , Burt Bees store , It's Paper , Office Max , PGA Golf Shop , Totes Oulet , Safe Harrbor Store , Furman Gift Shop , USC Gift Shop , Pizza Hut , Sports Clips , Great Clips , Lennys Subs , Hornets Gift Shop , Haibbts Sports ,BJ's Cafe , Harrbor Fight , Samurg store then at the end a , Chesse Cake Factory then the empty land near Steak and Shake I would like to see a , Famous Footwear then the empty land near Harrbor INN and Papa and Beers I would like to see a , Popeyes Chicken then at the empty land near where the Christiams trees are sold on Haywood RD i would like to see a , Big Boy then at the Old Gun store on Haywood RD I would like to see a , Jim and Nicks BQQ with the empty land can use for this then the empty Bulding across the street I would like to see it torn down and put a , Tide Dry Cleans then at the old Rugger Wearhouse on Haywood RD/ Lauern's RD I would like to see a, Nike Women's store then when Grill 33 moves i Would like to see a , CA Pizza Kitchen then when Plotos closet moves I would like to see a , Puma Golf Store then at the old TJ MAx a nice Save Lot

Old 01-30-2015, 07:26 PM

I do not see Giant Eagle or Giant Food stores moving into this area. They are in Virginia, Maryland, Pa. and Ohio. But I am expecting the eventual return of Harris Teeter which has already been announced for Lewis Plaza. And I would guess they may have additional locations planned as well.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:30 PM

How about a Harris teeter at Congree Place Shops a Grocery store would great to have near the Haywood Mall

Last edited by ATL fan; 01-30-2015 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: Add

Old 02-01-2015, 01:00 PM

At the Old Sliver Screen Cafe on Wade Hampton I would like to see a , Chicken and Waflle Place then at the old Molina's I would like to see a , Greg Pizza then at the old Lifeit Cafe at Morgan Manor/S Pleasantburg I would like to see a , Toms Subs then at the old Harris Tetter on Roper MTN RD I would like to see a New Harris Tetter at Roper MTN RD with free WFI , mini I Pads for shoppes to check weather , traffic , deals , UpDated nice restrooms , Spill the beans , kids Day Every Sat , weather center , Frist Aid center , at the Deil local SC meats , Chesses , etc , SC Local foods to be sold there , Free Southern Sweet tea , mints , Frist aid bag , free candy for kids , areas for your bikes outside , Greenville Drive day when Baseball Starts , SC Gift Shop , TD Bank , MD 360 also if nothing has gone in the old John Pauls behind the Haywood Mall I would Like to see a , Sangebush Steak House and if nothing has gone in the old Olympic grill I would like see it torn down and put a Tim's Horton's there with free WFI , SKY Lights , nice restrooms , Flat Screen TV , Free USA today , shops Guide to the Haywood Mall , Free Mints , Kids Day On Saturdays , Frist aid center , weather center , free color books for kids

Old 02-01-2015, 01:37 PM

That old Harris Teeter on Roper Mtn. Rd. was one of their nicer stores. It later became Bi-Lo. Not sure if it is currently being used now. Perhaps Harris Teeter could consider reopening that store as they return to the Greenville market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area