Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:07 PM

93 posts, read 184,373 times

Advertisements

Is the Drury Inn in a good part of town? I'm from the Midwest and will be visiting Greenville in March for the first time. We have several Drury Inn's where I live and wanted to stay there in Greenville if its a good location. Hopefully near restaurants, shopping, etc.. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 07:22 PM

353 posts, read 1,148,585 times
Yes, it's right in the heart of all the shopping and restaurants on Woodruff Rd. Very safe area. No worries.

Pretty central location, easy on and off the hghway as well.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:51 PM

93 posts, read 184,373 times
Thanks, that's perfect, looking forward to spending a few days in Greenville.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:45 AM

169 posts, read 570,518 times
Smile Drury Inn & Suites

The Drury is a good choice. We stayed there on vacation last May, it was actually on business, my husband went to a class at GE and, well, I went shopping The service there is wonderful, the people are very nice. The drinks and snacks in the evening are great! My husband ended up accepting a job here, and we chose the Drury for our house hunting trip. We also stayed there when we first arrived here and were waiting for the moving van to bring our stuff to our rental house. We have fond memories of all our time spent there. Woodruff Road gets pretty busy at times, but it is not all that bad. People are very kind down here, and will let you out in traffic. Hope you enjoy your stay at the Drury. Oh, and you might want to ask for a room on the front, away from I85. We were first assigned one there, and we went up and decided it would be to noisy for us. When I asked if we could be moved because of the noise, Michelle was kind enough to even upgrade us to a suite at no extra charge!

Old 01-29-2008, 08:29 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,839,501 times
ok not on this topic but close, my parents are coming to visit in February and are looking for a good hotel(moderately priced) on the west side of town,(Easley/Powdersville/Greenville) any suggestions?

Old 01-29-2008, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,932 times
My wife and I visited Greenville and stayed at the Drury. The main reason we chose to stay there was their very relaxed pet policy. There were no weight restrictions or non-refundable deposits.

We were visiting friends and scoping out the city. We were mainly in the downtown area, but the Drury was a quick drive away. As mentioned above, it's in a busy area with many big-box stores. This was a plus for us, as we had some last minute Christmas shopping to do.

The 3 drinks during happy hour were a nice perk as well.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:50 PM

39 posts, read 100,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
ok not on this topic but close, my parents are coming to visit in February and are looking for a good hotel(moderately priced) on the west side of town,(Easley/Powdersville/Greenville) any suggestions?
Priceline is the way to go. I usually stay at Courtyard or the Hyatt downtown for $40-50 a night. Unless you have to stay at a particular hotel this is the way to go.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:28 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
^^You can't beat the Hyatt.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:42 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by col3rsc View Post
Priceline is the way to go. I usually stay at Courtyard or the Hyatt downtown for $40-50 a night. Unless you have to stay at a particular hotel this is the way to go.
Priceline is Great!!! I use it constantly! Embassy Suites is on there too! which is probably nice it is owned by John Q Hammons, All of his properties that I have stayed at are Great!

Old 01-30-2008, 06:48 PM

830 posts, read 1,063,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepblue38 View Post
Is the Drury Inn in a good part of town? I'm from the Midwest and will be visiting Greenville in March for the first time. We have several Drury Inn's where I live and wanted to stay there in Greenville if its a good location. Hopefully near restaurants, shopping, etc.. Thanks for the help.
It is a great place to stay! I just got back from Greenville. You will be very comfortable there and I loved being able to walk next door to Whole Foods Market for meals and drinks. Be prepared for Saturday traffic. It's amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area