Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 07:27 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
Have you looked into advertising in the bulletins of some of the larger churches in the area you are targeting? No idea the cost or how effective it is, just something else to consider.
Hmm, I didn't think of that one but it maybe something to look into. It sounds like a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 08:01 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,945,475 times
Depending on where you are, you may want to contact The Greenville News. They have the main paper plus a few community papers in Pickens Co Greer and The Golden Strip. They also do alot of Facebook stuff and digital marketing too.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:18 PM

723 posts, read 1,148,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Just FYI, that's annoying and a federal crime. Can you imagine if every company were allowed to tape crap to the outside of our mailboxes with ads which often just become litter?

Warning: Hanging Advertising on Mailboxes is Illegal! | Karen's Perspective

If you want to advertise using the mailboxes, send it through the mail.
This is kinda tricky, and you have to look carefully at the wording. Delivering advertising on mailboxes - e.g., putting it IN the boxes or hanging it from the flag - is indeed a violation of federal law, but the law does not apply to the POSTS on which mailboxes are mounted. Some years back, someone came through our subdivision and attached hooks to the mounting posts for mailboxes. Those hooks were then used for hanging advertising crap. I removed the little hook from my post, and thus ended that method of delivering advertising. Now the crap is just thrown in my driveway to serve as an indicator to potential thieves of whether or not I am home.

A certain non-profit charitable organization comes through our subdivision periodically and leaves large yellow bags as solicitations for donations of clothing etc. Those yellow bags are usually stuffed in the crotch of, or tied around, the mail box posts. The organization does seem to get away with this practice, although on windy days those yellow plastic bags do tend to come loose and blow around the neighborhood, making it look trashy. What is little known is that the the organization is very responsive to requests to bypass individual homes.

Anyway, my point is this: if your husband does decide to go forward with this cheap-a$$ method of advertising, he at least should be willing to respect posted property and to respect requests to be removed from distribution of the solicitations. Otherwise he will end up pi$$ing off a lot of otherwise potential customers.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:45 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Both lyricamphibian and Art123 have good points. In our neighborhood, our posts have small boxes below the mailbox that is supposed to be for newspapers I suppose, yet Greenville News just troughs them in your driveway anyway.

You could put flyers in those boxes. To me it doesn't matter if the flyer comes in the the mailbox via USPS or someone sticks a flyer in the box below the mailbox.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:16 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
I met a guy a few weeks ago just by chance who is a landscaper (went to school for it). I asked if he could give me a price on cutting up the trees that have fallen from the wooded lot next to me in to my yard. He quoted me an excellent price and has done an excellent job, worth every penny. I'm ready to use him again to build some steps on a slope going from my driveway down to where my vegetable garden is (or will be).

He gave me his new business card today that he said he uses right before the grass cutting season starts with $10 off for new customers. I cut my own grass, so not something I need, but I'm sure it generates some new business/customers.

Again, (positive) word of mouth is the best source of recommendation, I believe. I am happy to recommend this guy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area