Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 09:59 AM

1,279 posts, read 853,395 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised that H&M and Urban Outfitters (owned by the same owner as Anthropologie) haven't appeared downtown yet. I'm thinking that once the old JCPenney building is redeveloped, that would be a good location for both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 03:26 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
I don't remember if it's been brought up in this thread or not but Smashburger is really awesome. We ate there today on our way back from Hilton Head (as we've now done for the 3rd year in a row) and love it. The owner Burke, happened to be there and I talked to him for a few minutes, he has 4 in Columbia, 3 in Charlotte with 3 more to go there and then he's done with his "territory". I asked if he had Greenville and he said that hq said that it was too far away from him (which to me was odd because they gave him Charlotte and Cola, but not G'ville) and that it's wide open. He was raving about G'ville and how it's an awesome market and even though he doesn't have right of first refusal, he's trying to get the territorial rights here. Here's is Smashburger if anyone's curious:

Smashburger – Smashing is Better

Old 07-18-2018, 01:13 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,451,557 times
Smashburger is fine, I've had it in Summerville and Alexandria. Over priced, but fresh food. I feel like the Upstate is already flooded with burger places, but Smashburger could still work in the right locations. I know they were supposed to open up all over Charleston like 5 years ago, yet Summerville is still the only one. The one in Alexandria is also closed for good.

If you're doing burgers, you can't beat Sesame. If they expand out of Charleston across the state then...game over for everybody else.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:38 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Smashburger is fine, I've had it in Summerville and Alexandria. Over priced, but fresh food. I feel like the Upstate is already flooded with burger places, but Smashburger could still work in the right locations. I know they were supposed to open up all over Charleston like 5 years ago, yet Summerville is still the only one. The one in Alexandria is also closed for good.

If you're doing burgers, you can't beat Sesame. If they expand out of Charleston across the state then...game over for everybody else.
Never heard of Sesame, but doubt if it would be game over for the other gourmet chains.

Gourmet burgers are for a select crowd, since most are $12-13 a plate at Sesame.

BRGRBELLY is expected to come here as mentioned in another thread. The are located now in Chicago. Got great Yelp reviews and also have a diverse gourmet selection. Their prices are about $10 a plate.

There is certainly room for several competitors in this area.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:44 AM

826 posts, read 1,126,560 times
Quote:

I agree smashburger is good, but a bit overpriced. Their garlic fries are a nice twist, but I generally prefer thicker cut fries.

Sesame is great, I generally go there anytime I'm the Charleston area. I don't know if fits into the same category as Smash or any of the other fast casual burger places that keep popping up everywhere. A sit down place with a bit higher of price point, (and a nice beer selection). It would definitely give Grill Marks or Bad Daddys a run for their money.

I know I've said it in other threads. The burger chain I want is Habit. Beats all the other big burger chains hands down and generally at a lower price point.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:21 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
[quote=vtmike;52531053
I know I've said it in other threads. The burger chain I want is Habit. Beats all the other big burger chains hands down and generally at a lower price point.[/QUOTE]

Habit does look good in the website. Makes me drool a bit!

https://www.habitburger.com/

They are growing quite fast adding locations in NJ, VA and FL. SC could certainly be in their cross-hairs since the state really loves it's burgers.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:

Not yesterday. They had the Tuesday Trio promotion; any smashburger, fries and a drink for $5!!!

Old 07-18-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Habit does look good in the website. Makes me drool a bit!

https://www.habitburger.com/

They are growing quite fast adding locations in NJ, VA and FL. SC could certainly be in their cross-hairs since the state really loves it's burgers.
Love, love, love the habit

Old 07-19-2018, 01:29 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,362,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I don't remember if it's been brought up in this thread or not but Smashburger is really awesome. We ate there today on our way back from Hilton Head (as we've now done for the 3rd year in a row) and love it. The owner Burke, happened to be there and I talked to him for a few minutes, he has 4 in Columbia, 3 in Charlotte with 3 more to go there and then he's done with his "territory". I asked if he had Greenville and he said that hq said that it was too far away from him (which to me was odd because they gave him Charlotte and Cola, but not G'ville) and that it's wide open. He was raving about G'ville and how it's an awesome market and even though he doesn't have right of first refusal, he's trying to get the territorial rights here. Here's is Smashburger if anyone's curious:

Smashburger – Smashing is Better
Smashburger is good and would like to see them come here. Maybe they can work out the franchise issue. But I am glad to see Checkers is planning to come back, but makes me wonder why they chose to leave in the first place. And now they have Cook-Out to compete with.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:29 AM

446 posts, read 415,621 times
After that dine-in theater in the Camperdown project fell through, I'm still wanting one in this area. I think something like the FlixBrewHouse chain would do extremely well in this area. Honestly surprised we haven't gotten something like it yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area