Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 07:22 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
No doubt this effort is in response to the increased competition coming further down the road from the new Lowes Food.
Bi-Lo #5274's update should be good enough not to warrant going to competitors. Sadly, its last update was enough to send business elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 08:38 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
I bet the households between the two and beyond will be trying out the new Lowes Foods. The new Lowes Supermarket in Greer is a Big Dill and other supermarkets are going to have to get their Shiitake together. LOL (according to the billboards on WH)

Old 09-01-2016, 11:08 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
They also need to replace the Ruby Tuesday closed down next to the old Bi-Lo in Taylors. Looks like there would be a need for a dine in restaurant in this region other than the Denny's further down and the Texas Roadhouse may still be there.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:21 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
And I hope the Radioshack across the street in Taylors don't close down but I am reading of more closures now occurring across the nation. But the fact that you can't go in today's Radioshack and buy a basic set of rabbit ears for 3 or 4 dollars is indeed a problem. As rabbit ears remain the most rudimentary and basic reference dipole, and are still the best means of tuning VHF signals such as WSPA-TV RF7 as well as FM radio stations. Add the UHF loop for the UHF TV signals. They still sell the combo UHF/VHF version for $19.99 and the amplified version for $34.99. Both way overpriced. But they no longer carry their basic set of rabbit ears at a reasonable price, without the loop. I still use rabbit ears on my home radio and it tunes all GSP stations as well as most Charlotte stations, including some of the HD Radio. And the rabbit ears are best for WSPA-7 and WLOS-13, unless you upgrade to a larger attic antenna or outside. But they closed down their Antennacraft factory and are now trying to compete with Best Buy selling cell phones and computer accessories. Which may unfortunately be a loosing proposition.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I bet the households between the two and beyond will be trying out the new Lowes Foods. The new Lowes Supermarket in Greer is a Big Dill and other supermarkets are going to have to get their Shiitake together. LOL (according to the billboards on WH)
I hope antibiotics can try Lowe's Foods Pharmacy. It would be a Roxicodone good time.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:57 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
They also need to replace the Ruby Tuesday closed down next to the old Bi-Lo in Taylors. Looks like there would be a need for a dine in restaurant in this region other than the Denny's further down and the Texas Roadhouse may still be there.
I thought about that as well. I am surprised it has stayed vacant as long as it has.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:00 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCainJr View Post
Habitat for Humanity of Greenville recently purchased this property. Property Report
Thanks for the update. Does that mean they are moving from the building down by Target?

Old 09-04-2016, 03:29 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,814,818 times
I live near Hudson Corners and went to check out the newly-remodeled BiLo yesterday. First thing I noticed was no staff by the pizza oven and smokehouse when I walked in. Someone came after a while, but I no longer cared. I was in the store a total of 4 minutes and bought nothing. I hate the way it looks now and feel they wasted their money. There is no way they are going to be competition for Lowe's. I left without buying a thing and went to shop at the Publix on The Parkway and Batesville Road, where I always get excellent service.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:22 PM

It may be worth driving three miles one way to a Publix than to stop at a Bi-Lo that has undergone another update with nothing significant.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:09 PM

557 posts, read 865,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Thanks for the update. Does that mean they are moving from the building down by Target?
I'm not sure BeckyCat. We shall see in due time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area