Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2011, 11:35 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Any remaining merchandise will be distributed to other stores nearby. Any new store will be stocked with new merchandise. Any clear out deals would be nice indeed.

Oddly, I stopped in a Walmart this morning. I had a great experience from service to checkout, completely different to what many are quick to think.
I've always found the SC Walmarts have alot more cashiers, plus the self check out, so I never have more than one person in front of me in line...

When I lived in Florida...forgataboutit ! They had ONE checker working, no matter when you went... for all the customers...horrible !

I think this Walmart will have plenty of employees
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 11:40 AM

9,870 posts, read 7,747,075 times
Furmanpals, I took a close look at the new Walmart & parking lot when driving by it again last night. Have you ever seen it? There ARE trees planted in the parking lot plus many new evergreens along the sides of the building, not to mention all the new plantings along the winding road in front of the store.

I'm not a big Walmart fan, only because I'm a Target girl, but I'm impressed with the new building and I'm sure we'll probably go there since it's so convenient.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:09 PM

807 posts, read 1,785,875 times
Default Wal Mart

Glad to see they got the sign up! Wasn't there last week. It has been being stocked for a week or so now. I see the trucks lined up when I go down Prince Perry Rd. Hope it will do good for the Easley area.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:37 PM

21,025 posts, read 27,276,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I've always found the SC Walmarts have alot more cashiers, plus the self check out, so I never have more than one person in front of me in line...

When I lived in Florida...forgataboutit ! They had ONE checker working, no matter when you went... for all the customers...horrible !

I think this Walmart will have plenty of employees
Self checkout was the first obvious thing that was not at the Walmart, previously a supercenter, I saw yesterday morning. Assuming the store was tired of fixing checkouts that quickly broke down and customers with small orders piled up several large orders deep in few checkouts open, a focus on service was necessary. Take out the self checkout lanes and staff more registers, some results may show. Of course, it varies at each store.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Grissinger View Post
Glad to see they got the sign up! Wasn't there last week. It has been being stocked for a week or so now. I see the trucks lined up when I go down Prince Perry Rd. Hope it will do good for the Easley area.
It's the greatest thing since sliced bread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:49 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,807,662 times
Kohl's now official. Building permit filed with construction starting this month: The Powdersville Post - Kohl They have started hiring too if you're interested: http://www.kohlscareers.com/stores/job/?jobID=107257

**FYI: this Kohl's will be of the smaller format type and not the larger one like seen in Simpsonville and on Woodruff Road. Here is a pic of what the one at Easley Town Center will look like: http://www.flickr.com/photos/losinggeorgia/2238515901/sizes/l/in/photostream/ (broken link)

Last edited by g-man430; 03-21-2011 at 10:00 PM..

Old 03-21-2011, 10:07 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,807,662 times
Construction on two outparcels located along the frontage road in front of the area between Walmart and the future Kohl's will start within the next month or two for tenants including Five Guys Burgers, AT&T, Aspen Dental and Sprint. Each outparcel will consist of five small tenant spaces. Bids go out March 24th.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:52 PM

807 posts, read 1,785,875 times
As always G-man, thanks for the update!! Glad to see things moving along.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Kohl's now official. Building permit filed with construction starting this month: The Powdersville Post - Kohl They have started hiring too if you're interested: Kohl's Careers - NEW Store Executive Management Positions - Easley SC

**FYI: this Kohl's will be of the smaller format type and not the larger one like seen in Simpsonville and on Woodruff Road. Here is a pic of what the one at Easley Town Center will look like: All sizes | DSC_1686 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/losinggeorgia/2238515901/sizes/l/in/photostream/ - broken link)

woooohoooo ! loved your pic

Old 04-04-2011, 12:52 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,276,328 times
It will weird not having that Wal Mart next to Dodges Chicken. I am so used to going there for my late night trips. I will have to get used to going the opposite direction to get to Wal Mart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area