Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 07:03 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,845,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
There must not be any landscaping and/or tree rules in Pickens County. My gosh, it looks awful, nothing but asphalt from the front street to the front door. What a mess.
pretty much what every Walmart looks like everywhere??? with the exception that it is very large and has a better looking facade IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 08:32 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,807,662 times
Quote:
There must not be any landscaping and/or tree rules in Pickens County. My gosh, it looks awful, nothing but asphalt from the front street to the front door. What a mess.
You seem suprised by this. Did you forget it's Walmart going in? The building itself is nice looking in my opinion even though it looks like it belongs in Arizona. I do agree though it would have been better with more landscaping and less parking.

Last edited by g-man430; 03-18-2011 at 08:44 PM..

Old 03-19-2011, 12:48 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Petco and Best Buy are both in negotiations to locate in Easley Town Center. Neither one has signed a lease though at this time.
I was in the old Walmart on Pendleton Ave and they said there are some employees already over there ( new store)...filling the shelves . They are closing the old Walmart ( I think somebody here posted who might lease it ? ) and the shelves are getting empty ... Great time for bargains so they don't have to haul that much over to the new store...

Old 03-19-2011, 12:52 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,762,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
You seem suprised by this. Did you forget it's Walmart going in? The building itself is nice looking in my opinion even though it looks like it belongs in Arizona. I do agree though it would have been better with more landscaping and less parking.
No, I am not surprised at all. I guess I thought most counties had put laws into effect that would add more green space to commercial developments. I should have figured Pickens County was still operating in the old mentality of not even thinking about what tree's do to the look of a shopping center.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
No, I am not surprised at all. I guess I thought most counties had put laws into effect that would add more green space to commercial developments. I should have figured Pickens County was still operating in the old mentality of not even thinking about what tree's do to the look of a shopping center.
I'm still not understanding what you mean, this is the way every walmart parking lot looks. I've been to pretty much every walmart in this area and they all have little to no landscaping?? I guess its not as much of a surprise to me since I drive by it everyday

Heck i'm just happy I won't have to drive to central to do my weekly grocery shopping anymore.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:32 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,807,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
I'm still not understanding what you mean, this is the way every walmart parking lot looks. I've been to pretty much every walmart in this area and they all have little to no landscaping?? I guess its not as much of a surprise to me since I drive by it everyday

Heck i'm just happy I won't have to drive to central to do my weekly grocery shopping anymore.
Yep...I remember seeing a Walmart in Price, Utah a few years ago that looked exactly like the one on White Horse Road in the Berea area. Large parking lot, same design of building, no landscaping, etc. You've seen one Walmart, you've seen them all.

Last edited by g-man430; 03-19-2011 at 01:43 PM..

Old 03-19-2011, 01:46 PM

9,870 posts, read 7,747,075 times
I think the new Walmart looks nice and I like the winding street & simple clean landscaping. I really don't need trees in the parking lot, we have plenty of trees in the upstate everywhere else.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:20 PM

40 posts, read 124,764 times
their site-to-store is turned off until april 13 i believe i read it saying. so i'm assuming this is when the new one will be opening. so just about a month away.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnflwr View Post
their site-to-store is turned off until april 13 i believe i read it saying. so i'm assuming this is when the new one will be opening. so just about a month away.
yeah I work at fedex and the old store has stopped accepting packages, everything is being diverted into the new location

Old 03-20-2011, 09:29 AM

21,025 posts, read 27,276,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I was in the old Walmart on Pendleton Street and they said there are some employees already over there ( new store)...filling the shelves . They are closing the old Walmart ( I think somebody here posted who might lease it ? ) and the shelves are getting empty ... Great time for bargains so they don't have to haul that much over to the new store...
Any remaining merchandise will be distributed to other stores nearby. Any new store will be stocked with new merchandise. Any clear out deals would be nice indeed.

Oddly, I stopped in a Walmart this morning. I had a great experience from service to checkout, completely different to what many are quick to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area