Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 08:50 AM

356 posts, read 677,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Grissinger View Post
So that would put us having a Jersey-Mike's and a Subway pretty much in the same shopping center when Subway is already on 123. Not to be negative but that's a little too much in my opinion. Also, there is a Goodwill already too. Seems like too many empty stores are about to come our way!

yeah the Goodwill news is not the most exciting... imagine if that Kmart is one of 100s that are going to be closing soon that plaza will be turning into a wasteland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 12:14 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,997 times
Quote:
Well, since JC Penny's is in the same shopping center as Belk, I doubt if they will move.
As far as Hwy. 153 they just installed a new light at the corner of Hwy. 153 & Roe Rd!
I was just wondering if they would consider moving from the "old" part of Easley to the "new" side of Easley where Powdersville growth is about to explode. Eventually 123 from Easley to Greenville will be developed. I imagine a real mall/lifestyle center to be built between them in the next 15-20 years, especially if Greenville's downtown keeps revitalizing and moving West. The current JC Penny's store is not up to par and that whole shopping center is looking rough. The only nice store in it is the Belk's and I guess Hobby Lobby (because that is the quality of all of their stores).

Old 01-10-2012, 03:43 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
So that would put us having a Jersey-Mike's and a Subway pretty much in the same shopping center when Subway is already on 123. Not to be negative but that's a little too much in my opinion. Also, there is a Goodwill already too. Seems like too many empty stores are about to come our way!
The Goodwill at it's present location, is pretty old looking inside and I believe they are going to make it bigger and better near Walmart, with a new Job Connection to boot...

Old 01-13-2012, 02:26 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
Quote:
Well, since JC Penny's is in the same shopping center as Belk, I doubt if they will move.
As far as Hwy. 153 they just installed a new light at the corner of Hwy. 153 & Roe Rd!
By the way, I HATE this new light. When i go to work its still on a timer(as opposed to changing as cars pull up), so I have to wait when there is absolutely NO traffic coming either way, EVERY morning. It is driving me nuts!

Old 01-13-2012, 06:42 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
By the way, I HATE this new light. When i go to work its still on a timer(as opposed to changing as cars pull up), so I have to wait when there is absolutely NO traffic coming either way, EVERY morning. It is driving me nuts!
I've found that MOST lights in this whole area are apparently on timers as opposed to having traffic sensors (this IS the 21st century, isn't it??). One of my biggest traffic peeves. It infuriates me to see a light go thru a needless turn signal when there's no one in turn lanes on either side. We could reduce pollution and fuel consumption with smarter traffic grids and traffic lights that respond to traffic flow vs arbitrary timing. <rant over - sorry for hijacking!>

Old 01-13-2012, 08:04 AM

282 posts, read 750,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Sounds like the one from Pope Field Rd to Highway 8 in Easley. Drives me crazy too.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:22 AM

212 posts, read 423,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri Sanders View Post
Sounds like the one from Pope Field Rd to Highway 8 in Easley. Drives me crazy too.
That light would be more effective if it were just gone.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:25 AM

807 posts, read 1,784,513 times
Default red light

I think the light will change when the new school gets everyone in there and up and running all grades. I still see the police out there on Sun. morning due to the church traffic so I am assuming it is not completely functional yet.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:55 PM

4 posts, read 6,719 times
I can confirm that the JCPenneys will remain at is current location. I know the manager and my mother works there and there have been no talk of it moving.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:03 PM

11 posts, read 25,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I was just wondering if they would consider moving from the "old" part of Easley to the "new" side of Easley where Powdersville growth is about to explode. Eventually 123 from Easley to Greenville will be developed. I imagine a real mall/lifestyle center to be built between them in the next 15-20 years, especially if Greenville's downtown keeps revitalizing and moving West. The current JC Penny's store is not up to par and that whole shopping center is looking rough. The only nice store in it is the Belk's and I guess Hobby Lobby (because that is the quality of all of their stores).
I walked in that JCPenny once. Then walked right out the men's section is horribly small. I know now to visit the Haywood mall location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area