Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 06:08 PM

106 posts, read 196,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugdawn View Post
Is it a Freddy's, i know there are none is SC yet but that would be nice.
It is a Freddy's. Negotiations for a 70,000 square foot building to possibly go on 7-8 acres behind the Aldi/Starbucks/Freddys is under way, hopefully with an announcement coming early Fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 06:16 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmartin View Post
It is a Freddy's. Negotiations for a 70,000 square foot building to possibly go on 7-8 acres behind the Aldi/Starbucks/Freddys is under way, hopefully with an announcement coming early Fall.
I am thinking this could be a deparment store or a supermarket (Publix eyeing second Easley store). I would be surprised if Publix is ready to open a second Easley store, but can understand east Easley is growing. A department store would be a logical fit with a 70,000 square feet space. I do not know if Belk or J.C. Penney has expressed plans to relocate from Town & Country shopping center.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 PM

425 posts, read 632,235 times
I would have thought the Greenville side of Easley would have been built out first but I guess it didn't used to be a big bedroom community for Greenville.

I wish there was an Easley bypass on Clemson football gamedays when taking the 123 route. I wish towns didn't put all their stuff on the main drag though town. You got all these urban planners out there and yet this still always happens. what is up with that.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:31 PM

425 posts, read 632,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Grissinger View Post
I only see 1 on the market, it is a 6 bedroom, they are asking $299,900.there have been 3 sales in the last year as well.
I wonder if they are moving b/c they don't like being near the shopping center, or if they are moving b/c their houses are in more demand and they wanted to cash in on that.

Does the shopping center impede traffic into that n'hood? Can you get caught up in shopping traffic while trying to get to Heathwood? I am not sure what the layout is right there.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:08 PM

505 posts, read 940,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
I would have thought the Greenville side of Easley would have been built out first but I guess it didn't used to be a big bedroom community for Greenville.

I wish there was an Easley bypass on Clemson football gamedays when taking the 123 route. I wish towns didn't put all their stuff on the main drag though town. You got all these urban planners out there and yet this still always happens. what is up with that.
yeah, 123 was the bypass, but the big mistake they made was not making it controlled access from the beginning. Now there is probably no possibility of a real bypass anymore.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:20 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:

Quote:
I wonder if they are moving b/c they don't like being near the shopping center, or if they are moving b/c their houses are in more demand and they wanted to cash in on that.

Does the shopping center impede traffic into that n'hood? Can you get caught up in shopping traffic while trying to get to Heathwood? I am not sure what the layout is right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameAlreadyTaken View Post
yeah, 123 was the bypass, but the big mistake they made was not making it controlled access from the beginning. Now there is probably no possibility of a real bypass anymore.
SC-153 will be extended to SC-183 for traffic bypassing Easley to get to Pickens. That does not resolve issues on Calhoun Memorial Highway. I would not mind seeing a bypassing route circumnavigating Easley's northwestern and northern limits tying into Dacusville Highway (SC-135) or SC-153.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:57 AM

11 posts, read 17,997 times
Quote:

Urban planners only make recommendations, usually city/county councils make the final zoning and building approvals. South Carolina isn't exactly known for its progressive planning anyway, this is how every city in the state is designed.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:01 PM

807 posts, read 1,784,882 times
I use Saluda Dam Rd. Straight shot through Heathwood & comes out near Tractor Supply. Over the RR tracks that has a red light. You just have to learn the little back roads.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:29 PM

106 posts, read 196,703 times
I've been hearing a lot of rumors lately about Cookout and Krispy Kreme, has anyone heard anything concrete about either? Also, construction work going on at the old E-Town Burger Bar in front of Quality Inn and on Saco Lowell Rd between Auston Woods Apts and the Town Center, any news on either?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:01 PM

807 posts, read 1,784,882 times
I saw the large dumpster in front of the burger place today but not sure what is going on. I have heard Rumors & I do mean Rumors that the corner lot will be a Goodwill or Salvation Army! Much to my dismay might I add.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area