Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 11:57 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,597,269 times

Advertisements

So Zaxby's going into the old KFC? Also a White Castle would great for Easley SC also a Dollar Genarel would Be great as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 12:41 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,292,662 times
There are already way too many Dollar General stores in this area. They put up an ugly metal building with as little landscaping as possible. Most of their stores are real eyesores. While I know it won't happen, I would be excited to see *zero* additional dollar stores and payday lending stores in the area.

As has been stated over and over and over again, White Castle does not exist anywhere in this region and is not likely to locate in the Greenville area any time soon. Writing a million posts wishing for them to come will not change reality.

Zaxby's is moving to the vacant corner right next to where it is currently located. The current space is far too small to accommodate the amount of business that store handles.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:10 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
So Zaxby's going into the old KFC? Also a White Castle would great for Easley SC also a Dollar Genarel would Be great as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
There are already way too many Dollar General stores in this area. They put up an ugly metal building with as little landscaping as possible. Most of their stores are real eyesores. While I know it won't happen, I would be excited to see *zero* additional dollar stores and payday lending stores in the area.

As has been stated over and over and over again, White Castle does not exist anywhere in this region and is not likely to locate in the Greenville area any time soon. Writing a million posts wishing for them to come will not change reality.

Zaxby's is moving to the vacant corner right next to where it is currently located. The current space is far too small to accommodate the amount of business that store handles.
ATL fan, Zaxby's is already in the the former KFC.

The construction process appears to be constructing the new building first complete with the drive through lane and parking closest to Laurel Road. Next, the existing building will be demolished. This will make way for additional parking for the new building.

VolstuckinNC, I agree with you. If the city of Easley and other incorporations have not done so yet, they need to create a standard for new construction to be aesthetically pleasing to the immediate community. I would not worry about additional dollar stores as Family Dollar is closing locations. The boat with Dollar General and Dollar Tree aboard is crowded.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:34 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,292,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
ATL fan, Zaxby's is already in the the former KFC.

The construction process appears to be constructing the new building first complete with the drive through lane and parking closest to Laurel Road. Next, the existing building will be demolished. This will make way for additional parking for the new building.

VolstuckinNC, I agree with you. If the city of Easley and other incorporations have not done so yet, they need to create a standard for new construction to be aesthetically pleasing to the immediate community. I would not worry about additional dollar stores as Family Dollar is closing locations. The boat with Dollar General and Dollar Tree aboard is crowded.
Dollar General opened a new store in unicoporated Powdersville last year and it is UGLY! They opened a very similar store along SC 81 just north of where it crosses I-85 heading into Anderson. That store is also UGLY! The Dollar General stores make CVS and Walgreens look like modern works of art. I know that being aesthetically pleasing isn't high on the list for retail stores but the Dollar General stores are just brown metal buildings with a partial concrete block front topped with more brown metal and a giant Yellow Dollar General sign. They also do very, very minimal landscaping. They seem to be opening newer stores in unincorporated areas so I would suggest that counties themselves should consider adopting some kind of minimal standards for new retail stores.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:52 PM

A Jim&Nicks BQQ would be great for Easley SC and a Perry Ellis store would great as well

Old 04-30-2014, 09:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
A Jim&Nicks BQQ would be great for Easley SC and a Perry Ellis store would great as well
I do not think Easley is ready for high end designer clothing stores yet.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:50 AM

Ok i would like to see a Jim&Nicks BQQ In Easley SC also a Golf Smith would great as well for that area

Old 05-01-2014, 12:01 PM

98 posts, read 218,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I do not think Easley is ready for high end designer clothing stores yet.
I think I would have to agree with you there. They need a few dozen more low-end chain restaurants first LOL.

The best Easley could hope for is a Target - that would be a huge win.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:15 PM

356 posts, read 677,458 times
I think Easley will have a Target within the next 3-5 years. I don't see it growing much more from there. It's following the typical bedroom community sprawl pattern. Probably some more casual dining places, some entertainment options, and a premium grocer is about top level for Easley, Pville. On the horizon I see Krispy Kreme, CookOut, Massage Envy, and maybe a LensCrafters as the next addition

Old 05-01-2014, 12:30 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,942 times
how about a coach store, they could put it right next to that dollar general....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area