Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2017, 06:24 PM

35 posts, read 29,717 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Greenville area. My husband will be working in Anderson. We have 3 small children (under the age of 5). We are looking for neighbourhoods/communities to rent a house that's in Greenville but a bit closer to Anderson way. I don't drive and so I am looking for neighbhourhood/area where their are swimming pool/community centre/ymca/library etc... that would be walking distance for me and my children to go to events.

We are moving from far away and so will have no family nearby... so I am really wanting to move to an area of Greenville that is family friendly and would have a lot of activities for my children and I to keep busy with while my husband is busy working.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 07:31 PM

2,445 posts, read 2,891,754 times
There are many neighborhoods that could meet that description; rentals go quickly, however. What price range were you looking at for rent?

Old 07-15-2017, 08:15 PM

We are looking for the price range no higher than $1500/month. However, we are looking for a relatively newer home to rent (fenced in backyard as well).

Old 07-15-2017, 08:48 PM

21,035 posts, read 27,428,332 times
familyof5ks:

Where in the Greenville area are you considering to locate?

Old 07-16-2017, 06:00 AM

we want to relocate to Greenville (hopefully closer to Anderson direction)

Old 07-16-2017, 07:20 AM

21,035 posts, read 27,428,332 times
The White Horse Road corridor from its southern terminus at Augusta Road up to West Blue Ridge Drive is close to Anderson, being in Greenville County, and has had problems in recent years. I advise checking out the Westcliffe neighborhood and the Berea community to the north and the Moonville area to the south where there is new home construction.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:03 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,628,703 times
you need to investigate the Piedmont/Powdersville areas - convenient to Greenville with great Anderson County SC schools - your "walking distance" requirement is difficult in Upstate SC as this area is car-centric and few areas are "walkable"

Old 07-16-2017, 04:05 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,225,894 times
Yes, Powdersville, close to just about everything.

Walking lifestyles only really work in high density urban settings.Only select areas of Greenville might qualify(downtown is getting there quick) Some of the expensive planned communities like Hartness might qualify.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:19 PM

thank you for the replies! Awesome!

Old 07-17-2017, 07:09 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,319,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by familyof5ks View Post
My family is moving to Greenville area. My husband will be working in Anderson. We have 3 small children (under the age of 5). We are looking for neighbourhoods/communities to rent a house that's in Greenville but a bit closer to Anderson way. I don't drive and so I am looking for neighbhourhood/area where their are swimming pool/community centre/ymca/library etc... that would be walking distance for me and my children to go to events.

We are moving from far away and so will have no family nearby... so I am really wanting to move to an area of Greenville that is family friendly and would have a lot of activities for my children and I to keep busy with while my husband is busy working.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
You are really going to need to learn to drive if you are going to be happy in this area. There isn't going to be anything in the Anderson or Powdersville areas where you can safely walk with small children to a library, YMCA, and shopping.

For what you describe, the closest will be areas in Northeast Anderson in the TL Hanna school district or Powdersville that are zoned for Wren or Powdersville schools. There are neighborhoods in both areas with community pools and amenities but shopping is going to require a car in most cases. The only possible exception might be if you found something along the East / West connector in Anderson since it does have a walking path along the road. Even then, walking to shopping will require a long walk and crossing at least one busy street that will be difficult with young children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area