Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2019, 06:39 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Good for him. I think his winter weather forecasting needs work, but other than that hes pretty good. (Although it seems every weather person is adding drama these days to their forecasts.)
Yes that's so true. Will scare you half to death when these tropical storms come close or possible tornado days. Fortunately around here turns out not near as bad as they say usually. I have an elderly relative who is on medication and panics at some of the dramatic talk. They really need to be aware of that. We have learned who is less dramatic for them to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2019, 06:57 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times
Quote:
Good for him. I think his winter weather forecasting needs work, but other than that hes pretty good. (Although it seems every weather person is adding drama these days to their forecasts.)
It seems that the Weather Channel started with the excess drama to drive ratings and a lot of the local stations have followed suit. I think it is counter productive to overhype the weather because eventually there will be a real threat and people will assume it is just the typical overhype and not take the necessary precautions. Unfortunately, as long as the hype continues to send people to the grocery store in droves to buy bread and milk, it is unlikely to stop.

I tend to follow the national weather service more for major events - they don't hype things up since they aren't driven by commercial interests. Their forecasts tend to be a lot more accurate than those from local or national commercial networks. Another side benefit of weather.gov is it doesn't bog down with a bunch of video commercials and advertisements.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:06 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
I can follow hurricanes better here on City Data than the local news.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:32 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,048,899 times
Quote:
I can follow hurricanes better here on City Data than the local news.
Lol. I have no doubt. The trick is to get paid to do it.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:04 AM

Fox Carolina has replaced evening anchor Diana Watson who left in May with Victoria Carmen.

https://www.foxcarolina.com/victoria...66fc27a9a.html

Old 08-30-2019, 07:25 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,186,164 times
Ha, ha. Drama weather. They do love a good weather front. Where I live they practically hyperventilate when any indication of possible tornado weather, gives them more face time on the screen. My husband and I refer to them as weather terrorists.

Tracking storms has been better with more sophisticated equipment. So half the state is no longer hidden in their basements when storms come through. The state officials also told them to stop the hype somewhat a few years ago.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:18 AM

WSPA adding 4pm newscast on 9-9 according to Amy Wood's FB page. She will anchor 4,6 and 7 and no longer the late news.

My question where is Judge Judy going at 4? lol

Old 09-03-2019, 08:22 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
My question where is Judge Judy going at 4? lol
My mother in law is really upset about this, seriously! She is a big JJ fan! I, pretty sure it comes on 62 as well.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
My mother in law is really upset about this, seriously! She is a big JJ fan! I, pretty sure it comes on 62 as well.
I'm sure they will move it somewhere else. I read before JJ is like one of -if not top rated and highest paid people on daytime TV.
3. 5 hours of local news in the late afternoon/early evening is too much IMO. I guess it's cheaper for them to do than paying for syndicated tv like JJ though.

Last edited by vistatiger; 09-03-2019 at 09:09 AM..

Old 09-03-2019, 08:38 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I'm sure they will move it somewhere else. I read before JJ is like one of -if not top rated and highest paid people on daytime TV.
3. 5 hours of local news in the late afternoon/early evening is too much IMO. I guess it's cheaper for them to do than paying for syndicated tv like JJ though.
Also Jerry Springer transitioning from talk show to the courtroom with Judge Jerry. Steve Harvey going off the air and Kelly Clarkson and Tamron Hall adding talk shows. Tamron Hall was dumped from the Today Show by NBC to make room for Megan Kelly, and we all know that did not work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area