Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:03 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times

Advertisements

if you are watching what you eat, avoid carrabas. I eat two loaves of bread before I sit down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 07:05 PM

45 posts, read 265,987 times
We've been on a restricted diet for many years having gone vegetarian and natural back in the late 70's. Isn't it funny that when we celebrate, we think of having "bad" food as a real treat, when it's certainly not so for the body. I always get a kick out of that, like my brain and mouth are celebrating but my body is not. But, you're right, now and then you gotta do something different. It's what you do day after day that matters! Exceptions are not an issue if they are rare. You sound like us since we now live 35 min. from town so we don't think of eating out. We're hopefully going to be living in the Greenville area soon and we've decided to stay a bit closer to the town so we can volunteer more often since the drive gets longer every time we go here, even though it's a beautiful country road that passes Monticello (Tho. Jefferson's place) and hills and vineyards. With gas prices .... it's hard to enjoy riding anywhere :-)

Old 04-15-2008, 07:07 PM

45 posts, read 265,987 times
Well, my weakness at Macaroni Grill is the Rosemary Focaccia bread! We finish off 2 loaves before we leave. But, I enjoy it so much that dessert isn't a great temptation when I'm finished, so it's nice to leave off the sugar. Actually I could forget the entree and just go for the bread. :-)

Old 04-15-2008, 07:17 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
ahhhh, nothing beats that drive through VA. I lived most of my life in northern VA but escaped to monticello as frequently as possible. that area is so great, just a bit pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingsunshine View Post
We've been on a restricted diet for many years having gone vegetarian and natural back in the late 70's. Isn't it funny that when we celebrate, we think of having "bad" food as a real treat, when it's certainly not so for the body. I always get a kick out of that, like my brain and mouth are celebrating but my body is not. But, you're right, now and then you gotta do something different. It's what you do day after day that matters! Exceptions are not an issue if they are rare. You sound like us since we now live 35 min. from town so we don't think of eating out. We're hopefully going to be living in the Greenville area soon and we've decided to stay a bit closer to the town so we can volunteer more often since the drive gets longer every time we go here, even though it's a beautiful country road that passes Monticello (Tho. Jefferson's place) and hills and vineyards. With gas prices .... it's hard to enjoy riding anywhere :-)

Old 04-15-2008, 07:21 PM

227 posts, read 795,188 times
My biggest weakness is Pasta but ya know what? I'm eating pasta that night cuz I want to. lol Going out to eat isn't something we do regular and especially not at such nice places like I've been shown here so I'm really looking forward to this.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:46 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,584 times
Let us know where you decide and How your evening goes. Again Happy Anniversary!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:48 PM

I will and Thank you.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:55 PM

354 posts, read 1,077,866 times
Yes.......lilbear......HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I'm sure you will have a great time where ever you choose to go!!

P.S........Now that I know Greenville has a Macaroni Grill......it has sealed the deal!! We are moving there! LOL.....It's our favourite place to take the kids here in Seattle!!........Awesome menu for adults and kids, great prices......great atomosphere!
NOW I'm happy!! LOL

Old 04-16-2008, 07:20 AM

Well I'm glad my own question answered some for you and you're happy. That's great! Actually, that one with Jazz music makes me want to learn Swing again. lol

Old 04-19-2008, 07:09 AM

192 posts, read 429,488 times
Default And the final decision . . .

So, lilbear, where did you end up enjoying your anniversary dinner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area