Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:35 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,548,431 times

Advertisements

We haven't been yet, but knowing it's one of Rick Erwin's restaurants, I'd say to expect the price point to be quite hight. But, we plan to visit soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 11:17 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnflwr View Post
what was the price range at this place? i would love to try it out but don't want to be shocked when i walk in the door.
I grabbed some quick shots of the menu - hopefully it's big enough to read.
Attached Thumbnails
New high-end seafood restaurant coming downtown-dscf4414a.jpg   New high-end seafood restaurant coming downtown-dscf4414b.jpg  

Old 04-17-2010, 09:18 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,470,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
I grabbed some quick shots of the menu - hopefully it's big enough to read.
Thanks for posting! The prices don't look bad at all for the quality of the food and atmosphere. It's definitely a nicer evening out, but compared to other nice restaurants in Greenville I think it seems fair.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:51 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,383,609 times
The prices are reasonable given the experience and overall satisfaction. It is a special place for special occasions, or for relaxing meals in a beautiful and comfortable setting. You should have no difficulty being stuffed to the gills before leaving (pun intended). In fact, don't be surprised if you need a carry out bag, depending on which menu items you order. I arrived at the restaurant Friday evening quite hungry, but later left feeling very satisfied - with the food, the drinks, the music, the building, the staff, and the efficient valet service. This place was clearly designed for comfort.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:16 PM

14 posts, read 55,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
The prices are reasonable given the experience and overall satisfaction. It is a special place for special occasions, or for relaxing meals in a beautiful and comfortable setting. You should have no difficulty being stuffed to the gills before leaving (pun intended). In fact, don't be surprised if you need a carry out bag, depending on which menu items you order. I arrived at the restaurant Friday evening quite hungry, but later left feeling very satisfied - with the food, the drinks, the music, the building, the staff, and the efficient valet service. This place was clearly designed for comfort.
We enjoyed our meal but I think I still prefer his other restaurant. A few comments.
  • There is a garage fee of $5 so you will have to tip the valet on top of that.
  • While luxurious, the decor is a bit monochromatic for my taste.
  • It will be THE place to eat if you are going to a Peace Center concert.
  • The outdoor dining should be very pleasant when the landscaping is complete.
  • The soup and appetizer were better than the main course IMHO.
  • Still a few glitches (runners bringing food to the wrong table, etc.)

I will definitely be going back. I had the halibut Tbone and thought it a bit ho-hum. Interested in being bowled over next time.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:23 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzthecat View Post
We enjoyed our meal but I think I still prefer his other restaurant. A few comments.
  • There is a garage fee of $5 so you will have to tip the valet on top of that.
  • While luxurious, the decor is a bit monochromatic for my taste.
  • It will be THE place to eat if you are going to a Peace Center concert.
  • The outdoor dining should be very pleasant when the landscaping is complete.
  • The soup and appetizer were better than the main course IMHO.
  • Still a few glitches (runners bringing food to the wrong table, etc.)

I will definitely be going back. I had the halibut Tbone and thought it a bit ho-hum. Interested in being bowled over next time.
*Park less than a block away for free and walk.
*Monochromatic is a big word. Use smaller ones from now on.
*You make it sound like that's a bad thing.
*A monkey in a zoo could have told you this.
*Soup? I thought it was a seafood restaurant.
*They told me 13 and it turned out to be 15. I'm telling my mom.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:24 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,548,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
*Park less than a block away for free and walk.
*Monochromatic is a big word. Use smaller ones from now on.
*You make it sound like that's a bad thing.
*A monkey in a zoo could have told you this.
*Soup? I thought it was a seafood restaurant.
*They told me 13 and it turned out to be 15. I'm telling my mom.
This is a serious thread, but still your post made me giggle...

Old 04-21-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
This is a serious thread, but still your post made me giggle...

http://www.knitemare.org/cats/serious_cat.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-11-2010, 09:56 PM

Full website is now up expect I can't click on where the menu is supposed to be: Nantucket Seafood Grill (http://www.nantucketseafoodgrill.com/index.php - broken link)

Old 05-12-2010, 05:20 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Full website is now up expect I can't click on where the menu is supposed to be: Nantucket Seafood Grill (http://www.nantucketseafoodgrill.com/index.php - broken link)
Works for me now - they may have made a last minute fix.

Menu: Nantucket Seafood Grill (http://www.nantucketseafoodgrill.com/spring2010.php - broken link)

PDF menu: http://www.nantucketseafoodgrill.com/NantucketMenuSpring2010.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area