Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 04:48 PM

4,902 posts, read 7,465,446 times

Advertisements

Loudoun is also being gobbled up.

That’s why we didn’t buy in Greenville . . . We could see the development on the horizon and the infrastructure just isn’t there to support it. We were there last Saturday and sat through four light cycles at Woodruff Road and Gardlington/Miller Road before we got through it. It was like being back in VA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 04:53 PM

17,656 posts, read 15,352,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Loudoun is also being gobbled up.

That’s why we didn’t buy in Greenville . . . We could see the development on the horizon and the infrastructure just isn’t there to support it. We were there last Saturday and sat through four light cycles at Woodruff Road and Gardlington/Miller Road before we got through it. It was like being back in VA.

Loudon was just as bad when I was there in the 90's. Loudon was just like Fairfax, but with a more stable population. Not as many transients, for lack of a better term.

From what I know of it.. PWC has just been totally taken over and Stafford and whatever is west of PWC is seeing sprawl as well.

FWIW.. I forgot about Haymarket.. That's another good guess as to where OP is talking about.

Old 05-06-2024, 05:36 PM

4,902 posts, read 7,465,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Loudon was just as bad when I was there in the 90's. Loudon was just like Fairfax, but with a more stable population. Not as many transients, for lack of a better term.

From what I know of it.. PWC has just been totally taken over and Stafford and whatever is west of PWC is seeing sprawl as well.

FWIW.. I forgot about Haymarket.. That's another good guess as to where OP is talking about.
We were in Western Loudoun — Purcellville was cute and fairly small in 2000. By the time we left in 2017, it had gone from one high school to two, one to three middle and I lost count of elementaries in the area. Tons of houses, townhouses, Strip malls, big aquatic center etc but still basically only Route 7 to go in toward Fairfax, joining all the traffic from Clarke County, Winchester and West Virginia! It was a MESS. Husband worked in Fairfax and it sometimes took 90 minutes or more if rain, fog, accident etc. a MESS! I went west to Winchester to avoid it all.

Anyway, we’re loving Spartanburg and I’ll NEVER go back.

OP, I hope you find a great location!

Old 05-08-2024, 03:11 PM

4 posts, read 853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post

OP, I hope you find a great location!
Thank you! There’s still a lot of hoops to jump through even if we decide we love but here’s to hoping…!!! =)

Old Today, 11:37 AM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 29 days ago)

776 posts, read 363,621 times
In my experience, some of the small towns in SC have some hostile "rednecks". They are like washed up versions of bullies I encountered in school.

They tend to be big NASCAR fans. That surprised me because John Boy and Billy are so jolly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area