Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 04:22 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,977,845 times

Advertisements

I didn't even have Greenville on my list of possible places to move until I began reading in the SC forums. Then I put it on but decided that I had too many places to decide on so took it off.

Then you go and post those random pictures of downtown! Naughty, naughty, Skyliner! Back it went on my list and after visiting I was pretty sure that it would end up being the place for me although I had to go check out one other location first. I love what I see here even though I always considered myself to be more of a lake person than a mountain person, I'm sure I will adjust.

I spoke with an employment agency today and they seem to think that waiting till Jan. to start work will be my best bet, and that is something I was considering anyway. Now I''m going to spend tomorrow looking at apartments or at least locations to see which ones I want to look at, and come back in a couple of weeks for my fourth visit!

This is a wonderful city and one that my adult children will enjoy visiting too!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I would have had no idea what a wonderful city this was without your having posted those pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 04:42 PM

745 posts, read 2,237,489 times
If you like lakes, Hartwell, Keowee, and Jocasee aren't very far away. Don't blame it all on Sky- We fell in love with the area at first sight, and didn't see Skyliner's incredible pictures until we had already bought land. He does make a convincing argument, though! LOL!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:28 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,492,739 times
yes we have both! what's the other place? we could probably convince you!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:23 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,552,043 times
If you don't have it on your list, be sure to check out Thornblade Park apartments, near Michelin at Pelham & I-85. My hubby was transferred to Greenville in May. I joined him in late June. We had not lived in an apt in more than 20 years and have been pleasantly surprised. Very quiet, big apts., plenty of amenities, and very convenient location.

I've mentioned in other threads that I'm a lifelong North Carolinian, but am very happy in Greenville.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:58 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,977,845 times
Fisher33, the other place was Brunswick/St Simons Georgia. I still like it there, but Greenville will be much better housing and job wise. :-)

Roadpony, That looks like a lovely complex, but it is way out of my price range. I don't want to dip into my 'buy a house/condo' funds if I don't have to and I found one place today that I think will work well for me. But I have two more places to check out yet. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area