Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 11:59 PM

6 posts, read 35,985 times

Advertisements

In West Palm Beach I'm a sous chef/private chef to pay the bills. 22 years young and need a change from this... Hmm... I'll be polite, "crappy" city I'm currently in now. I've done my research online for housing seems attractive to the eyes. Now here I'm surrounded by white "gangster" kids, drug addicts, and no one to trust. Not someplace I want to spend another year in.
So in my search for happiness I'm bringing my mother (62 years young also) and the family dog. She is Semi-retired, sewing her own baby clothes/blankets for ages infant, 18 months, toddler (I believe). I'm going to be helping her financially in opening her own shop/buying her a house along with my own. I'm into cars/racing, any kinds of music but prefer rock/country, riding ATVs, and surfing. I'm very interested in your collage selection in the Greenville area.

So now that you know a little bit about me here's my questions:
I ) Best area for a little lady to open a clothing shop for little children?
II ) Best area for a 22 year old experienced chef to get a job & near a community collage?
III ) Best collage (for after community collage) to study Law?
IV ) Best area of Greenville to meet fellow collage students in that age group?
V ) Any designated race strips? (We have Morosso here)

Housing Requirements:
Mom - $30-60K 1/2 Bed 1/2.5 Bath, 1,100/1,900 sq ft & a little land.
Personal - $160-200K 2/4 Bed 2.5+ Bath, 2,000+ sq ft, & newly built (2000+)

I greatly appreciate your time and efforts, you all have done wonders with this forum and I enjoy the help from reading other threads. Thank you!
Joe "SweetChef"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 11:38 PM

63 posts, read 212,585 times
hey chef

i know a few people from wpb area. couple of my friends went to wellington hs, lantana hs. and some others, and my bro in law is from wpb also.. i know what you mean by "gangster" kids hah.. i think i can answer a few of your questions.. 1 the only race strips around here are Greer Dragway, Greenville Pickens Speedway (circle track), and Cherokee Speedway (dirt circle track).. obv no surf lol.. Newspring Church in Greenville is full of college age people (i know.. "church?!?!" its cool trust me) as far as housing.. you can find it (wink wink), depends on where you want to plant your feet.. downtown has many nice restaurants, im sure you could find a chef position there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area