Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 09:05 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerock View Post
Words do indeed have context. In yours I find a supposed intellectual smugness that knows no depth. The American populace has been "told" that our new President is brilliant, we certainly would not know this for certain because all of his school records have been sealed as well as his birth certificate and health records.
No one has told me Obama is brilliant. I have read his books and speeches and come to that conclusion myself. I have listened to him speak in interviews on many complicate matters. As far as your crap about school, the man was President of the Harvard Law Review. HARVARD. And if you retort with affirmative action, you are truly ignorant of how that system works.

Quote:
He has slim credentials (please feel free to link me with any outstanding legislation he put forth) and there is strong evidence that his books were ghost written by his buddy in Chicago Bill Ayers.
Charles Peters - Judge Him by His Laws - washingtonpost.com

FWIW, the President doesn't make the laws. He DOES need (especially now) to bring people together to solve problems, and Obama has a history of that.

The Bill Ayers nonsense is not worthy of a response unless you want to put forth your "strong evidence."

Quote:
The one thing he has proven to be good at is campaigning (the past 2 years while he was holding a U.S. Senate seat.) He is surrounded by a clever team of people and big money backing, the ultimate Manchurian candidate. You just hired yourself another big money politician, congrats!
THANKS! He DOES have clever people around him. Finally, something we can agree on!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
You're better than a tired cliche' Art. Frankly, I'm disappointed in you.
So...Do you want our President to fail? Now?

What cliche are you talking about exactly?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:11 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
Sorry, but that post makes no sense to me at all.
Sonrise is a forum member on here who wanted to meet me at the auto show. He is a republican and i'm a democrat. He would have fainted if he met me and found out how liberal I am.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post

Sad isn't it? Even I gave Bush a chance. I didn't go around bashing him on the FIRST DAY of office.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
Congresses approval ratings were even lower, and yet people still went and re-elected those same people back in.
You are mixing apples and oranges. Those approval ratings are national, but the elections are not. Look at the morons in office from South Carolina - they couldn't win a national election to save their life.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:17 PM

The funny thing is I actually support Lindsey Graham, Bob Inglis, Knox White, and Mark Sanford. I don't like Andre Bauer or Jim Demint though. I'm a democrat but I do vote republican.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:21 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,713,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post

I want the country to succeed, I love America with all of my heart. Obama stands for everything that I am against, not to mention that he is the least experienced POTUS by far.

The tired cliche' that you resorted to is, "Agree with me or you're not a patriot". Not only is it smug and condescending, it reeks of fascism. As a Christian, I will pray for my president; pray that he sees how destructive his ideas are and what an abject failure they have been when tried in Europe. He said that he will sign the Freedom of Choice Act, which in essence will make abortion unconditionally legal. 3 million murdered pre-born babies a year is a deal breaker for me. Call me crazy.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
The funny thing is I actually support Lindsey Graham, Bob Inglis, Knox White, and Mark Sanford. I don't like Andre Bauer or Jim Demint though. I'm a democrat but I do vote republican.
Those guys are RINO's through and through, except for Sanford, he's the MAN! Keep in mind there's a HUGE difference between a Republican and a Conservative.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 PM

I told you he would faint. You owe me a Lexus Sonrise.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I told you he would faint. You owe me a Lexus Sonrise.
I worked in Hollywood as an actor/model for 9 years. Almost all of my co-workers were so far to the left, they would elect Fidel Castro if he were eligible to run. I have no problem with libs, I just abhor hypocrisy and the fact that civility seems to be a thing of the past. The hatred for Bush for the last 8 years was so pathological a term was coined: BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome), just read some of the P & C posts for further proof. When hate becomes a persons dominant ideology, they've gone too far. Regardless of party affiliation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area